Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Press Releases Research by Market - Semiconductors
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Automotive Technology (48)
- Displays (226)
- Enterprise & IT (232)
- Healthcare Technology (33)
- Manufacturing Technology (35)
- Media & Advertising (106)
- Mobile & Telecom (119)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (390)
- Power & Energy Technology (141)
- Security Technology (83)
- Semiconductors (459)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (40)
- Transformative Technologies (2)
- Advertising (1)
- Automotive Technology (18)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (5)
- Consumer Electronics (167)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (2)
- Datacenter & Cloud (1)
- Discrete & Process Automation (2)
- Display Materials & Components (3)
- Electric Motor Systems (1)
- Enterprise IT Security (1)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (50)
- Games (1)
- Healthcare IT (1)
- Large Displays (3)
- Lighting (4)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (4)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (4)
- Memory & Storage (153)
- MEMS & Sensors (41)
- Mobile Devices (177)
- Mobile Innovation (2)
- Mobile Networks (19)
- Operators & Services (1)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (8)
- Semiconductor Components (227)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (8)
- Semiconductor Market (77)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (1)
- Small & Medium Displays (16)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (1)
- Smart Home & Appliances (3)
- Solar (2)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (15)
- Touch & Interface (10)
- Alex Liu (4)
- Andrew Rassweiler (6)
- Bob Braasch (1)
- Charles Annis (1)
- Clifford Grossner (1)
- Clifford Leimbach (9)
- Craig Stice (5)
- Daniel Simmons (1)
- David Hsieh (1)
- Francis Sideco (27)
- Gerrit Schneemann (1)
- Horse Liu (3)
- Jack Kent (2)
- Jamie Fox (2)
- Jenalea Howell (2)
- Jérémie Bouchaud (11)
- Jerry Kang (1)
- Kathleen Zhang (1)
- Kevin Anderson (1)
- Lee Ratliff (1)
- Len Jelinek (2)
- Luca De Ambroggi (6)
- Myson Robles-Bruce (2)
- Noman Akhtar (1)
- Paul Gagnon (1)
- Randy Lawson (6)
- Richard Dixon, PhD (9)
- Richard Eden (4)
- Ricky Park (1)
- Robbie Galoso (11)
- Shane Walker (3)
- Shaun Teevens (1)
- Steven Mather (3)
- Tom Hackenberg (2)
- Veronica Gonzalez-Thayer (3)
- Victoria Fodale (1)
- Vincent Leung (1)
- Vinita Jakhanwal (1)
- Wayne Lam (17)
- Americas (1)
- Asia Pacific (1)
- Australia (1)
- Canada (2)
- Central America (2)
- Central and Eastern Europe (1)
- China (14)
- Egypt (1)
- Europe (3)
- France (2)
- Germany (1)
- India (3)
- Japan (7)
- Latin America (1)
- Middle East and Africa (1)
- Netherlands (2)
- North America (1)
- Philippines (1)
- Russia (1)
- South America (1)
- South Korea (5)
- Switzerland (1)
- Taiwan (3)
- Thailand (3)
- Turkey (1)
- Ukraine (1)
- United States of America (2)
- USA (5)
- Western Europe (1)
- Date Published
- Automotive Infotainment Semiconductor Intelligence Service (10)
- Automotive Semiconductor Intelligence Service (10)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (37)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (8)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (59)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (3)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (163)
- LED Intelligence Service (3)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (2)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (40)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (163)
- Mobile Handsets Electronics Intelligence Service (163)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (39)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (11)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (163)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (163)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (163)
- SSD and HDD Storage Intelligence Service (40)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (163)
The Global Semiconductor Industry Reached $115.8 Billion in Q1 2018, IHS Markit SaysJune 26, 2018Global semiconductor industry revenue declined 3.4 percent in the first quarter of 2018 falling to $115.8 billion.
Led by Texas Instruments, the Industrial Semiconductor Market Grew Nearly 12 Percent in 2017, IHS Markit SaysJune 05, 2018Worldwide industrial semiconductor revenues grew by 11.8 percent year over year, reaching $49.1 billion in 2017, according to the latest analysis from IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
IHS Markit Announces Analyst Briefing and Roundtable Discussions at Hannover Messe 2018April 11, 2018During the upcoming Hannover Messe 2018 trade show in Hannover, Germany, business information provider IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) will host a multi-topic roundtable-style forum about the semiconductor and automation industries.
With its Highest Growth Rate in 14 Years, the Global Semiconductor Industry Topped $429 Billion in 2017, IHS Markit SaysMarch 28, 2018The semiconductor industry closed out 2017 in blockbuster fashion, posting the highest year-over-year growth in 14 years.
Galaxy S9+ Materials Cost $43 More Than Previous Versions, IHS Markit Teardown ShowsMarch 22, 2018The new Samsung Galaxy S9+ equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory (model number SM-G965U1) carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost of $375.80, much higher than for previous versions of the company’s smartphones.
Gen 10 and Larger Flat Panel Display Capacity to Grow at 59 Percent CAGR to 2022, IHS Markit SaysDecember 05, 2017With BOE, China Star, LG Display and Foxconn expected to build seven new Generation 10.5 factories by 2020, Gen 10 and larger fab flat panel display (FPD) capacity is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 59 percent between 2017 and 2022, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
Semiconductor Industry Continues Upward Trend Toward Record Year, IHS Markit SaysNovember 30, 2017The semiconductor industry continued its upward trend in the third quarter of 2017, notching 12 percent sequential growth with strength across all application markets, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
China and North America TV Shipments Fall Sharply in Q3 2017, IHS Markit SaysNovember 20, 2017The impact of higher LCD TV panel prices at the beginning of 2017 continued to weigh on retail demand for LCD TVs into Q3 by way of slower retail price erosion, particularly in China and North America, the two most price sensitive regions.
Flat Panel Demand to Grow 7.2 Percent in 2018, Biggest Gain Since 2014, IHS Markit SaysNovember 20, 2017Global demand for flat panel displays by area is forecast to grow 7.2 percent to 210 million square meters in 2018 compared to 2017, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
SD-WAN Market a Two-horse Race Between Cisco and VMWare, IHS Markit SaysNovember 15, 2017Consolidation and acquisitions are underway in the software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) market as vendors race to include SD-WAN technology in their offerings.
Flexible AMOLED Panel Supply Capacity to Exceed Demand by 44 Percent in 2018, IHS Markit SaysNovember 14, 2017With flexible active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) panel fabs building at a quicker pace than global demand, supply capacity of flexible AMOLED panels is forecast to be 44 percent higher than global demand in 2018, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
iPhone X Costs Apple $370 in Materials, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsNovember 08, 2017Teardown engineers at IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) have completed their preliminary physical dissection of the new Apple iPhone X and found that the model A1865 version of the smartphone with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND memory carries a bill of materials (BOM) of $370.25.
Power Semiconductor Sales Rebounded in 2016 and Will Continue to Grow Through 2021October 03, 2017Global power semiconductor revenues grew year-over-year by 3.9 percent in 2016, reversing a 4.8 percent decline in 2015. All categories of power semiconductors (power discretes, power modules, and power integrated circuits) were up for the year, with the discretes market seeing the biggest jump.
IHS Markit Teardown Reveals What Higher Apple iPhone 8 Plus Cost Actually BuysSeptember 25, 2017The new Apple iPhone 8 Plus, equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory, carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost that comes out to US$288.08, higher than any previous versions of the company’s smartphones, according to a preliminary estimate from IHS Markit.
Semiconductor Industry Records Best Second Quarter in Three Years, IHS Markit SaysSeptember 11, 2017Despite a slightly down first quarter, the semiconductor industry achieved near record growth in the second quarter of 2017, posting a 6.1 percent growth from the previous quarter, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
2016 Marks Year of Recovery for Global Semiconductor Market, IHS Markit SaysMarch 29, 2017IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, today announced that the worldwide semiconductor market showed signs of recovery in 2016 following a down year in 2015.
New Report from IHS Markit Names Top Four Trends Driving the Internet of Things (IoT) in 2017 and BeyondJanuary 24, 2017Fueled by lightning-fast demand for ubiquitous connectivity, the number of connected Internet of Things (IoT) devices globally will jump by 15 percent year-over-year to 20 billion in 2017, according to new analysis from IHS Markit.
Market for Power Semiconductors in Automotive to Rev Up by $3 Billion by 2022, IHS Markit SaysJanuary 18, 2017The global market for power semiconductors used in cars and light passenger vehicles will grow by more in $3 billion USD in the next six years, according to new analysis released today by IHS Markit(Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
Power IC Sector Stood Out in an Overall Declining Power Semiconductor Market in 2015, IHS Markit SaysNovember 02, 2016The power IC (integrated circuit) sector proved to be the only power semiconductor product type to grow in 2015, according to a new forecast report from IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
Google Pixel XL Manufacturing Cost is in Line with Rival Smartphones, IHS Markit Teardown ShowsOctober 25, 2016The cost to manufacture the Google Pixel phone closely matches that of its intended rivals—a logical and expected move, especially since Google’s new offering figures to target the same class of high-end users that normally flock to flagship smartphone models from Apple and Samsung.