Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Press Releases Category - Semiconductor Market
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Building, Home & City Technology (1)
- Displays (3)
- Enterprise & IT (7)
- Healthcare Technology (1)
- Manufacturing Technology (7)
- Media & Advertising (1)
- Mobile & Telecom (7)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (7)
- Power & Energy Technology (1)
- Security Technology (1)
- Semiconductors (92)
- Transformative Technologies (1)
- Access Control & Fire (43)
- Advertising (25)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (31)
- Cinema (8)
- Cloud & Data Center (94)
- Consumer Electronics (315)
- Critical Communications (10)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (24)
- Digital Media (44)
- Digital Signage (9)
- Discrete & Process Automation (11)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (63)
- Display Materials & Components (70)
- Electric Motor Systems (3)
- Enterprise IT Security (12)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (138)
- Games (11)
- Healthcare IT (2)
- Industrial IoT, Software & Communications (2)
- Large Displays (104)
- Lighting (17)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (37)
- Managed Services (9)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (36)
- Memory & Storage (161)
- MEMS & Sensors (46)
- Mobile Devices (227)
- Mobile Innovation (33)
- Mobile Networks (98)
- Operators & Services (47)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (34)
- Semiconductor Components (222)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (16)
- Semiconductor Market (92)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (28)
- Small & Medium Displays (137)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (3)
- Smart Cities (1)
- Smart Home & Appliances (72)
- Smart Utilities Infrastructure (29)
- Touch & Interface (37)
- Transformative Technologies (18)
- TV Media & Content (70)
- Video (23)
- Video Surveillance (21)
- Craig Stice (1)
- Dinesh Kithany (1)
- Horse Liu (3)
- Kevin Anderson (2)
- Lee Ratliff (1)
- Len Jelinek (2)
- Luca De Ambroggi (1)
- Manuel Tagliavini (1)
- Michael Yang (1)
- Myson Robles-Bruce (3)
- Randy Lawson (1)
- Richard Eden (3)
- Robbie Galoso (12)
- Ron Ellwanger (5)
- Shaun Teevens (1)
- Syed Mohsin Ali (1)
- Tom Hackenberg (1)
- Wayne Lam (1)
- Americas (1)
- Asia Pacific (1)
- Canada (1)
- Central America (1)
- China (7)
- Egypt (1)
- France (1)
- Germany (1)
- India (2)
- Japan (2)
- Latin America (1)
- Middle East and Africa (1)
- Netherlands (2)
- Philippines (1)
- Russia (1)
- South Korea (2)
- Switzerland (1)
- Taiwan (2)
- Thailand (1)
- Turkey (1)
- Ukraine (1)
- United States of America (1)
- USA (2)
- Western Europe (1)
- Date Published
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (36)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service (1)
- Display Dynamics Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (3)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- Low Power Wireless Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (2)
- OEM Semiconductor Spending & Design Activity Intelligence Service (1)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (4)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (2)
- Wireless IoT Connectivity Intelligence Service (3)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (2)
Introducing Omdia: Informa Tech launches new research powerhouse following acquisition of the majority of IHS Markit’s technology, media and telecommunications research business to connect the dots for customers across the tech industryOmdia will replace all existing brands within Informa Tech’s research businesses, including Ovum, Heavy Reading and Tractica.February 05, 2020Informa Tech today announces the forthcoming launch of a new technology research powerhouse, Omdia, on Feb. 20, 2020.
Semiconductor market suffers another plunge in Q3, despite signs of life in the memory sectorDecember 05, 2019With revenue plunging by a gut-wrenching 14.7 percent in the third quarter, the global semiconductor market appears destined for a year of double-digit decline, despite some signs of growth in the critical memory segment.
5G’s rise set to break the semiconductor market’s fall in 2020October 08, 2019Following a 12.8 plunge in 2019, global semiconductor market revenue will rebound to 5.9 percent growth in 2020—an 18-percentage point swing.
Chip debacle continues in the first half as semiconductor market posts worst results since 2009September 03, 2019Chip sales during the initial six months of 2019 plunged by 13.9 percent compared to a year earlier, the biggest drop in a half since the first half of 2009—exactly a decade ago.
Samsung narrows Intel’s global chip market lead in Q2August 08, 2019Intel in the second quarter maintained its position as the world’s largest semiconductor supplier, although second-placed Samsung managed to close the gap due to renewed vigor in some key memory products.
Impacts of Japan’s export curb against South KoreaIHS Markit expertsJuly 14, 2019On July 1, Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry announced that it will restrict export of fluorinated polyimide, resist and hydrogen fluoride, which are used for semiconductor and display production, and their relevant technologies to South Korea.
U.S. Ban Takes a Toll on Huawei—and on its American Memory and Storage Suppliers, IHS Markit SaysMicron and Western Digital contend with immediate impacts—while Huawei faces longer-term storage-supply challengesJune 13, 2019The Trump Administration’s move to bar Huawei from sourcing American technology has obvious ramifications for the Chinese technology giant, cutting it off from key suppliers and forcing it to seek sometimes scarce alternatives.
Impressive Data Speed Gains Put Chicago in a Promising Position as 5G Nears, IHS Markit RevealsJune 11, 2019Chicago made news as one of the first 5G-enabled cities in the world when Verizon launched its service in April. But even the best and fastest 5G service won’t be available at all times, for all users.
As Carriers Prep for a 5G Future, Atlanta is Home to Blazing-Fast Download Speeds, IHS Markit RevealsMay 14, 2019While Verizon dominated the mobile performance awards in Atlanta for the second straight testing period, the real story might be the data speed improvements seen across the metro area.
Semiconductor Market Lurching into Worst-in-a-Decade Downturn in 2019, IHS Markit SaysMay 07, 2019Conditions in the global semiconductor market have deteriorated rapidly since the start of the year, with business information provider IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) slashing its 2019 growth outlook by more than 10 percentage points.
5G Market Set to Boom – But Clarity is Needed, IHS Markit SaysApril 11, 2019As the first commercial deployments of 5G start to appear, the stage is set for consumers finally to find out what the powerful next-generation mobile standard promises can bring: an ambitious and far-reaching technological advance that transforms virtually all aspects of human activity—how we experience life, conduct business, create goods, and build societies.
DRAM Market to Shrink Substantially in 2019, IHS Markit RevealsMarch 27, 2019Recent concerns over market conditions, coupled with a sharp downturn in average selling prices, will lead the DRAM market to reach just $77 billion in 2019 – a 22 percent year-over-year decline.
Intel Surpasses Samsung in Semiconductor Sales Revenue in Q4 2018, IHS Markit SaysMarch 11, 2019The declining market for semiconductors used in mobile handsets and enterprise servers led to a realignment in the company market-share ranking for semiconductor manufacturers
IHS Markit to Judge Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers at CES 2019December 17, 2018IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, will again host and judge the Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers at the media reception at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada.
IHS Markit Analyst Availability: Electronica, München, GermanyOctober 22, 2018For journalists who follow the latest news and trends in consumer electronics, IHS Markit analysts will be available for commentary ahead of and onsite at IFA 2018 in Berlin, Germany, from August 31 to September 5, 2018.
Worldwide Semiconductor Revenue Hit Record $120.8 Billion in Q2 2018, IHS Markit SaysAugust 22, 2018Global semiconductor industry revenue grew 4.4 percent, quarter over quarter, in the second quarter of 2018, reaching a record $120.8 billion.
Led by Texas Instruments, the Industrial Semiconductor Market Grew Nearly 12 Percent in 2017, IHS Markit SaysJune 05, 2018Worldwide industrial semiconductor revenues grew by 11.8 percent year over year, reaching $49.1 billion in 2017, according to the latest analysis from IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
With its Highest Growth Rate in 14 Years, the Global Semiconductor Industry Topped $429 Billion in 2017, IHS Markit SaysMarch 28, 2018The semiconductor industry closed out 2017 in blockbuster fashion, posting the highest year-over-year growth in 14 years.
Semiconductor Industry Continues Upward Trend Toward Record Year, IHS Markit SaysNovember 30, 2017The semiconductor industry continued its upward trend in the third quarter of 2017, notching 12 percent sequential growth with strength across all application markets, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
Power Semiconductor Sales Rebounded in 2016 and Will Continue to Grow Through 2021October 03, 2017Global power semiconductor revenues grew year-over-year by 3.9 percent in 2016, reversing a 4.8 percent decline in 2015. All categories of power semiconductors (power discretes, power modules, and power integrated circuits) were up for the year, with the discretes market seeing the biggest jump.