Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Research by Market - Security Technology
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Automotive Technology (2466)
- Displays (1075)
- Enterprise & IT (537)
- Healthcare Technology (170)
- Manufacturing Technology (232)
- Media & Advertising (4981)
- Mobile & Telecom (5902)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (2088)
- Power & Energy Technology (308)
- Security Technology (273)
- Semiconductors (1400)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (127)
- Access Control & Fire (128)
- Automotive Technology (1)
- Consumer Electronics (2)
- Critical Communications (21)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (70)
- Datacenter & Cloud (3)
- Digital Media (1)
- Digital Signage (1)
- Enterprise IT Security (11)
- Large Displays (1)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (3)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (1)
- Memory & Storage (1)
- MEMS & Sensors (1)
- Mobile Devices (3)
- Mobile Innovation (30)
- Mobile Networks (1)
- Operators & Services (1)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (1)
- Semiconductor Components (1)
- Semiconductor Market (1)
- Small & Medium Displays (1)
- Smart Home & Appliances (13)
- Solar (1)
- TV Media & Content (2)
- Video Surveillance (67)
- Alexander Richardson (6)
- Anna Sliwon (11)
- Blake Kozak (40)
- Bryan Montany (5)
- David Green (3)
- Don Tait (30)
- Jacky Zhang (1)
- Jeff Wilson (13)
- Jesus Gonzalez (2)
- Jim Dearing (17)
- Jon Cropley (22)
- Josh Woodhouse (13)
- Justin Siller (5)
- Monica Wang (3)
- Niall Jenkins (6)
- Oliver Philippou (9)
- Paul Bremner (4)
- Rita Liu (1)
- Robert Brooks (2)
- Ryan Darrand (2)
- Thomas Lynch (4)
- Tim Hewitt (6)
- Africa and Middle East (4)
- Americas (3)
- Argentina (1)
- Asia (4)
- Asia Pacific (2)
- Brazil (3)
- Chile (1)
- China (3)
- EMEA (1)
- Europe (6)
- Germany (1)
- Global (15)
- India (1)
- Kenya (1)
- Latin America (1)
- Mexico (3)
- Morocco (1)
- North America (8)
- Peru (1)
- Rest of South and Central America (1)
- South Africa (2)
- South and Central America (1)
- UK (4)
- USA (10)
- Western Europe (5)
- Date Published
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Americas (20)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Annual (48)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - Asia-Pacific (21)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - China (21)
- Access Control Intelligence Service - EMEA (21)
- Cable Networks Intelligence US Service (2)
- Command & Control Rooms Intelligence Service - Annual (8)
- Consumer Platforms & Ecosystems Intelligence Service (1)
- Counterterrorism & CBRNE Intelligence Service (6)
- Counterterrorism Research Package (8)
- Critical Communications Broadband Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Critical Communications Intelligence Service for Huawei Devices - 2015 - Extract (3)
- Critical National Infrastructure CNI Intelligence Service (1)
- Cybersecurity - Threat Mitigation Technology Intelligence Service (16)
- Digital Security Intelligence Service (38)
- Intruder Alarms & Monitoring Services Intelligence Service - Annual (24)
- IoT Devices & Connectivity Intelligence Service (1)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (1)
- MEMS & Sensors Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile Radio Intelligence Service (5)
- Mobile Ratio Intelligence for ZTE Trunking Techology - 2014 - Extract (1)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence - Data Only (1)
- Mobile Technology Intelligence Service (1)
- Physical Security Channel Intelligence Service - Annual (8)
- Security Vertical Applications Intelligence Service (4)
- Security Vertical Research Package (2)
- Smart Home Intelligence Service (16)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service (1)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (1)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - 2014-2015 (23)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Americas - 2014-2015 (19)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Americas - 2015-2016 (22)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Annual (45)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Annual - Premium (41)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - Asia-Pacific (20)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - China - 2014-2015 (19)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - China - 2015-2016 (22)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - EMEA - 2014-2015 (19)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service - EMEA - 2015-2016 (22)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service for Bain & Co. Nordic - Extract (6)
- Video Surveillance Intelligence Service for SanDisk - Mar 2015 - Extract (17)
Identity and access management shares for 2016 and competitive environmentMay 18, 2018The top 10 access management companies accounted for 38.8% of total global revenues in 2016. In contrast, the top 10 identity governance and administration companies accounted for 45.8% of total global revenues in 2016.
Led by Asia and the Americas, global TETRA shipments increased by 16 percent in 2017May 10, 2018Terrestrial radio (TETRA) deployments increased globally by 16 percent in 2017, as mature markets around the world continued to refresh, and as new TETRA users continued to come online.
Canon acquires BriefCam: our takeMay 09, 2018This morning, Canon acquired BriefCam. Many video surveillance equipment vendors expect that future solution differentiation will be based on software. This is why there has been a relatively high number of security software vendor acquisitions in recent years—Milestone, Aimetis, Cognimatics, ObjectVideo, Intellivision, SeeTec, Exacq Technologies and Smartvue are just a few examples. Canon’s acquisition of BriefCam is the latest instance.
Turbulence hits the $12.5 billion alarm monitoring marketMay 07, 2018Despite the increased pressure from do-it-yourself (DIY) systems, the professional alarm-monitoring market is expected to thrive over the next five years, as connected systems supersede traditional alarm-monitoring systems. Traditional alarm monitoring in the Americas region is expected to continue to expand in 2018, but it will start to decline in 2019, as more systems are converted into web-connected offerings.
Amazon is mobilizing against the security industryApril 27, 2018Amazon has been offering security packages to select cities and states in the United States since around December 2017, albeit somewhat under the radar. The company’s security offerings include a smart package, smartest package, indoor base, outdoor base and outdoor plus. Prices for the packages vary from $240 to $840.
More than 900,000 smart speakers to be used in healthcare facilities by 2021April 26, 2018Over the next five years, a majority of smart speakers will be sold to residential end-users, and penetration rates of smart speakers in commercial buildings are not anticipated to match rates in homes. However, building owners in healthcare, which represent the fastest-growing market vertical for smart building projects, are expected to be forerunners in adopting smart speakers in commercial applications.
ISC West 2018 – Smart homeApril 17, 2018This year’s conference did not disappoint. The floor was very busy the first two days and the connected home section seemed to be much larger than in 2017.Subscribers Only
Access Control as a Service (ACaaS) invigorates traditional security providersApril 16, 2018Access control as a service market revenues are forecast to grow at nearly triple the rate of the traditional access control equipment market over the next five years. The global ACaaS market will grow at a compound average growth rate (CAGR) of 16.5% between 2017 and 2022. The traditional equipment market is forecast to grow with a CAGR of 6.2% over the same timeframe.
The world market for city surveillance equipment exceeded $3 billion in 2017March 28, 2018The world market for security equipment in city surveillance has registered robust growth in the past few years, surpassing $3 billion in 2017.
Identity governance and administration global revenue to reach nearly $6 billion by 2021March 26, 2018The global identity governance and administration (IGA) market is projected to increase from $3.2 billion in 2017 to $5.8 billion in 2021. It is growing faster than the access management area, which is a more mature market with higher revenue.
Critical Communications IWCE Trends - 2018March 21, 2018The IHS Markit Critical Communications team recently attended IWCE 2018 in Orlando, Florida, US. Discussions with end-users played a key role in shaping our analysis of major trends we noticed at the show.
MONI rebrands to BRINKSMarch 12, 2018Even though the purchasing of intruder alarm systems and smart security systems is increasingly a lifestyle-related choice, rather than based purely on the security and safety needs of the end user, the majority of customers purchasing intruder alarms are usually approached by a security provider or dealer when they move to a new area or through direct home advertising. This requires significant investment in targeted marketing activities which can quickly eat into company profits.
Do it yourself (DIY) installed alarms and “pay as you go” professional monitoring solutionsFebruary 27, 2018The year of 2017 saw new players from the technology space increase their share of the intrusion market with DIY offerings, as well as a greater number of traditional intruder alarm providers adding DIY solutions to their portfolios.
Advanced Analytics in Building Automation Systems and Smart BuildingsFebruary 26, 2018In 2017, global building automation equipment revenue totaled $5.4 billion, growing 3.8 percent from the previous year. This figure includes the sales of sensors, controllers, actuators, and gateways that are utilized in building automation systems that monitor and regulate the climate in commercial buildings.
Consumer Video Surveillance – Content Analysis and Data AnalyticsFebruary 26, 2018A variety of new analytical functions are being developed and applied to video surveillance. The majority of these new analytical functions continue to focus on refining what should and should not be recorded in order to save bandwidth and storage space. Motion detection, event recording, facial recognition, and object awareness are just a few of the technologies in which analytics are being applied.
Outlook for the Garage Door Operators Market in North America is ImprovingFebruary 26, 2018North American revenue for garage door operators is projected to increase at a CAGR of 3.9% percent from 2016 to 2021. Despite an under-performing year in 2018 with growth at 2.1%, this market will increase by $137.5 million from 2016-2021.
School security systems industry - US market overviewFebruary 26, 2018The education sector of the market for security equipment and services reached $2.7 billion in revenue in 2017. As most schools have already implemented surveillance systems and access control systems, the market is expected to grow an average of just 1 percent annually, reaching $2.8 billion by 2021.
The Rise of the IT Department and Integration with Identity ManagementFebruary 26, 2018Convergence has been a continual trend in the security industry for over a decade. It began with simple integrations of similar types of security equipment, such as adding video cameras to an intrusion system or break-glass detectors to an access control system. The level of integration, however, has quickly evolved: now physical security is being integrated with systems designed with functionality outside of security applications.
How catastrophic events are changing the mass-notification system marketFebruary 09, 2018Mass-notification system (MNS) software used in emergency communication, the primary segment used during a catastrophic event, is expected to grow in the Americas at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8 percent from 2017 to 2021, reaching $293.1 million in 2021.
Adoption of outdoor sensors in the residential sector is on the rise in EMEAFebruary 08, 2018In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), outdoor sensors have traditionally been installed in commercial installations. They provide an added level of security, in addition to closed-circuit television systems and indoor intruder-detection systems.