Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Press Releases Category - Mobile Devices
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Automotive Technology (3)
- Displays (23)
- Enterprise & IT (6)
- Healthcare Technology (2)
- Manufacturing Technology (1)
- Media & Advertising (6)
- Mobile & Telecom (25)
- Mobile, Consumer & Connected Devices (217)
- Power & Energy Technology (9)
- Security Technology (2)
- Semiconductors (177)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (15)
- Access Control & Fire (39)
- Advertising (19)
- Automotive Technology (48)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (26)
- Cinema (6)
- Consumer Electronics (300)
- Critical Communications (9)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (21)
- Datacenter & Cloud (75)
- Digital Media (30)
- Digital Signage (7)
- Discrete & Process Automation (8)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (42)
- Display Materials & Components (60)
- Electric Motor Systems (2)
- Enterprise IT Security (8)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (128)
- Games (6)
- Healthcare IT (1)
- Large Displays (77)
- Lighting (13)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (29)
- Managed Services (3)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (33)
- Memory & Storage (152)
- MEMS & Sensors (41)
- Mobile Devices (217)
- Mobile Innovation (15)
- Mobile Networks (82)
- Operators & Services (31)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (33)
- Semiconductor Components (226)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (7)
- Semiconductor Market (76)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (16)
- Small & Medium Displays (119)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (26)
- Smart Home & Appliances (56)
- Solar (93)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (40)
- Touch & Interface (35)
- TV Media & Content (57)
- Video (17)
- Video Surveillance (16)
- Voice & Data Networks (10)
- Alexander Richardson (1)
- Andrew Rassweiler (8)
- Brad Shaffer (1)
- Charles Annis (1)
- Clifford Grossner (1)
- Craig Stice (2)
- Daniel Simmons (1)
- David Green (1)
- David Hsieh (2)
- Diane Myers (1)
- Erik Brannon (1)
- Fateha Begum (1)
- Francis Sideco (26)
- Gerrit Schneemann (1)
- Harold Vargas (1)
- Heidi Adams (1)
- Hiroshi Hayase (1)
- Ian Weightman (3)
- Jack Kent (3)
- Jamie Fox (1)
- Jason Hsu (1)
- Jenalea Howell (1)
- Jérémie Bouchaud (2)
- Jerry Kang (1)
- Jusy Hong (1)
- Kathleen Zhang (1)
- Merrick Kingston (1)
- Paul Gagnon (1)
- Piers Harding-Rolls (1)
- Randy Lawson (5)
- Rhoda Alexander (1)
- Richard Son (1)
- Ricky Park (1)
- Ruomeng Wang (1)
- Sam Lucero (1)
- Shane Walker (2)
- Shoko Oi (1)
- Steven Mather (3)
- Tim Westcott (1)
- Veronica Gonzalez-Thayer (3)
- Victoria Fodale (1)
- Vincent Leung (1)
- Vinita Jakhanwal (1)
- Wayne Lam (18)
- Date Published
- Broadband Media Intelligence Service (1)
- Cable Networks Intelligence US Service (1)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (2)
- Connected Consumers & Devices Intelligence Service - Premium (2)
- Connected Devices Intelligence Service (2)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (4)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- High Performance Wireless (formerly CMIT) Intelligence Service (1)
- Internet-Enabled Consumer Electronics Intelligence Service (163)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (1)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (2)
- Mobile Device Electronics Intelligence Service (163)
- Mobile Handsets Electronics Intelligence Service (163)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (2)
- Smartphone Electronics Design Intelligence Service (163)
- Smartphone Intelligence Service - Premium (163)
- Smartphones & Mobile Broadband Devices Intelligence Service (163)
- Teardown - Mobile Handsets Intelligence Service (1)
- TV Media Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Power Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Systems Intelligence Service (163)
Galaxy S9+ Materials Cost $43 More Than Previous Versions, IHS Markit Teardown ShowsMarch 22, 2018The new Samsung Galaxy S9+ equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory (model number SM-G965U1) carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost of $375.80, much higher than for previous versions of the company’s smartphones.
Half a Billion Smartphones and Other Devices with Wireless Power Technology Shipped in 2017, IHS Markit SaysFebruary 13, 2018Led by mobile phones, small appliances and wearables, shipments of consumer electronics devices enabled with wireless charging rose 40 percent in 2017, compared to the previous year.
IHS Markit to Judge Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers @ MWC 2018February 06, 2018IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, will again host and judge the Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers® @ MWC, the media reception during Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain.
LEDs Took Half a Billion Tons of Carbon Dioxide From the Sky in 2017, IHS Markit SaysDecember 21, 2017The use of LEDs to illuminate buildings and outdoor spaces reduced the total carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions of lighting by an estimated 570 million tons in 2017.
Public LPWA Connections to Grow at a 206 Percent CAGR to 2021, IHS Markit SaysDecember 18, 2017Globally, public low power wide area (LPWA) connections are anticipated to reach over 1 billion by 2021, according to a new report by business information provider IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO).
IHS Markit Analyst Availability for Media Requests: Consumer Electronics Show/CES 2018December 11, 2017For journalists who follow the latest news and trends in consumer electronics and automotive, IHS Markit analysts will be available for commentary ahead of and onsite at CES 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada, from January 9–12, 2018.
Gen 10 and Larger Flat Panel Display Capacity to Grow at 59 Percent CAGR to 2022, IHS Markit SaysDecember 05, 2017With BOE, China Star, LG Display and Foxconn expected to build seven new Generation 10.5 factories by 2020, Gen 10 and larger fab flat panel display (FPD) capacity is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 59 percent between 2017 and 2022, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
IHS Markit to Judge Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers at CES 2018November 29, 2017IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, will again host and judge the Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers® at CES, the media reception at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada.
China and North America TV Shipments Fall Sharply in Q3 2017, IHS Markit SaysNovember 20, 2017The impact of higher LCD TV panel prices at the beginning of 2017 continued to weigh on retail demand for LCD TVs into Q3 by way of slower retail price erosion, particularly in China and North America, the two most price sensitive regions.
Flat Panel Demand to Grow 7.2 Percent in 2018, Biggest Gain Since 2014, IHS Markit SaysNovember 20, 2017Global demand for flat panel displays by area is forecast to grow 7.2 percent to 210 million square meters in 2018 compared to 2017, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
SD-WAN Market a Two-horse Race Between Cisco and VMWare, IHS Markit SaysNovember 15, 2017Consolidation and acquisitions are underway in the software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) market as vendors race to include SD-WAN technology in their offerings.
Flexible AMOLED Panel Supply Capacity to Exceed Demand by 44 Percent in 2018, IHS Markit SaysNovember 14, 2017With flexible active-matrix organic light-emitting diode (AMOLED) panel fabs building at a quicker pace than global demand, supply capacity of flexible AMOLED panels is forecast to be 44 percent higher than global demand in 2018, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
iPhone X Costs Apple $370 in Materials, IHS Markit Teardown RevealsNovember 08, 2017Teardown engineers at IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) have completed their preliminary physical dissection of the new Apple iPhone X and found that the model A1865 version of the smartphone with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND memory carries a bill of materials (BOM) of $370.25.
IPS Display Adoption in Notebook PCs Continues to Increase, IHS Markit SaysOctober 26, 2017Display shipments for notebook PCs are forecast to increase by 5 percent in 2017 to 177 million units compared to the previous year, while notebook PC unit shipments are expected to remain flat during the same period.
IHS Markit Teardown Reveals What Higher Apple iPhone 8 Plus Cost Actually BuysSeptember 25, 2017The new Apple iPhone 8 Plus, equipped with 64 gigabytes (GB) of NAND flash memory, carries a bill of materials (BOM) cost that comes out to US$288.08, higher than any previous versions of the company’s smartphones, according to a preliminary estimate from IHS Markit.
Media Alert: IHS Markit Analysts Available to Comment on Apple’s iPhone 8 AnnouncementSeptember 11, 2017For journalists who follow the latest Apple iPhone news, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, will make the following analysts available for immediate comment on the 12 September, 2017 iPhone 8 launch announcement.
IHS Markit Announces Innovation Awards Winners for Technology at ShowStoppers at IFA Press Event in BerlinSeptember 01, 2017IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, today announced winners of the IHS Markit Innovation Awards.
IHS Markit Survey Finds Continued Interest in Premium Audio Technology in New VehiclesAugust 29, 2017Branded audio system volumes in new vehicles are expected to grow from just under 11 million units globally in 2016 to 14 million units in 2023, according to new vehicle production forecasts for these systems from IHS Markit.
OLED Encapsulation Materials Market to Grow 16 Percent CAGR to $233 Million by 2021, IHS Markit SaysAugust 21, 2017The popularity of organic light-emitting diode (OLED) TVs and smartphones has boosted not only the OLED display market but also the OLED encapsulation materials market.
Shipments of Wide Screen Display in 18:9 Aspect Ratio Expected to Reach 611 Million Units by 2021, IHS Markit SaysAugust 15, 2017The trend in equipping newer smartphone designs with wider screens is giving rise to the 18:9 aspect ratio, with the display shipments expected to reach 611 million units by 2021, according to the latest analysis by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.