Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Category - Electric Motor Systems
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Access Control & Fire (115)
- Advertising (338)
- Automotive Technology (2471)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (146)
- Cinema (652)
- Consumer Electronics (1438)
- Critical Communications (27)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (70)
- Datacenter & Cloud (205)
- Digital Media (1785)
- Digital Signage (20)
- Discrete & Process Automation (87)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (1017)
- Display Materials & Components (31)
- Electric Motor Systems (69)
- Enterprise IT Security (17)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (247)
- Games (799)
- Healthcare IT (26)
- Large Displays (1118)
- Lighting (87)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (203)
- Managed Services (54)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (181)
- Memory & Storage (216)
- MEMS & Sensors (91)
- Mobile Devices (1111)
- Mobile Innovation (3666)
- Mobile Networks (429)
- Operators & Services (4677)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (65)
- Semiconductor Components (712)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (14)
- Semiconductor Market (489)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (1936)
- Small & Medium Displays (1106)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (31)
- Smart Cities (41)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (103)
- Smart Home & Appliances (929)
- Solar (186)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (128)
- Touch & Interface (24)
- Transformative Technologies (43)
- TV Media & Content (2295)
- Video (1095)
- Video Surveillance (71)
- Voice & Data Networks (157)
- Alex West (3)
- Andrew Orbinson (2)
- Ivan Campos (1)
- Jenalea Howell (8)
- Joanne Goh (7)
- Kevin Schiller (6)
- Lisa Wang (1)
- Matt Tolley (2)
- Peter Taylor (3)
- Preston Reine (6)
- Rolando Campos (5)
- Sudhakar Chaudhary (2)
- Susanne Cumberland (1)
- Syed Mohsin Ali (4)
- Teik Chuan Goh (2)
- Wilmer Zhou (4)
- Yogita Kanesin (1)
- Date Published
- Gearboxes & Geared Motors Intelligence Service - Annual (2)
- Industrial IoT Intelligence Service (3)
- IoT Devices & Connectivity Intelligence Service (2)
- Linear Motion Intelligence Service - Annual (5)
- Low Voltage Drives Intelligence Service (9)
- Low Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - Americas (7)
- Low Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - Asia-Pacific (7)
- Low Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - EMEA (7)
- Low Voltage Drives Intelligence Service for Bonfiglioli Riduttori Spa - Extract (4)
- Low Voltage Motors Intelligence Service - Annual (7)
- Manufacturing Technology Vertical Intelligence Service (1)
- Mechanical Components Research Package (2)
- Medium Voltage Drives Intelligence Service (8)
- Medium Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - Americas (3)
- Medium Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - Asia-Pacific (3)
- Medium Voltage Drives Intelligence Service - EMEA (3)
- Medium Voltage Motors Intelligence Service - Annual (3)
- Motion Control Intelligence Service - Annual (4)
- Motor-driven Equipment Research Package (4)
- Motors & Drives Vertical Application Intelligence Service (9)
- Switchgear Research Package (1)
Massive order backlogs drive growth in the linear motion marketOctober 22, 2018Global revenues for linear motion products reached a record high of $7.9 billion in 2017. Revenue growth of 10.2 percent is expected in 2018, primarily due to substantial order backlogs. Growth will then slow to 4.5 percent in 2019.
AMB: Digitalization making inroads into the machine tool industryOctober 10, 2018AMB 2018, held in Stuttgart, Germany from 18-22 September, is one of the largest trade shows for metalworking technology. IHS Markit attended the show and gained critical insights into the latest trends and market developments in the manufacturing industry.
Transformative technologies to shape the future of manufacturingSeptember 13, 2018
Asia Pacific takes the lead in driving the growth of the global motion control hardware marketJuly 19, 2018The global motion control hardware market achieved a record-high growth rate at 19% in revenue terms from 2016 to 2017, totaling $13.4 billion for the year.
How are motor manufacturers differentiating themselves in a mature market?July 19, 2018There have been a lot of developments in the industrial motor market, as suppliers are more actively pursuing merger and acquisition opportunities and seeking new ways to differentiate their value-add.
Service Robots - A Greenfield Opportunity for Electric Motor ManufacturersJuly 19, 2018Robotics and automation technologies have been available in the industrial sector for decades and are now integrating into the daily lives of consumers.
Global mounted roller bearings market making strong gains, growing at a 6 percent CAGR from 2017 to 2022July 06, 2018Globally, the mounted ball and roller bearings market grew 8.1 percent in 2017 to $3.4 billion
Medium-voltage Drives and NGL MarketsMay 23, 2018Fixed investment is finally returning to the North American energy sector. However, operations and market dynamics evolved considerably during the downturn, resulting in a shift in subsector machinery and medium-voltage drive demand.
Record-breaking revenues projected for the linear motion products marketDecember 21, 2017World market revenue for linear motion products in 2017 is projected to hit a record high of $7.3 billion.
Global gearbox and geared motor market returning to growth from 2017 to 2021December 20, 2017Global market revenue for geared products is expected to grow at a 3.6 percent CAGR from 2016, to reach $12 billion in 2021.
Machine builders threaten low voltage drive suppliers in the commercial HVAC marketOctober 26, 2017The commercial HVAC sector is the largest market for low-voltage drives and is often regarded by drive suppliers as a commercial stronghold, which is less volatile than other industry sectors, such as oil and gas, which is more cyclical in nature.Subscribers Only
Impressions from EMO exhibition: Is IIoT shaping the linear motion market?October 25, 2017EMO is an important tradeshow for linear motion product suppliers as the machine tool industry is the biggest industry for these products. According to the IHS Markit's Linear Motion Products Report - 2017, the machine tool industry accounts for 18.4% of the global revenues for linear motion products.
China Machinery Production Is Recovering and Set to Grow in 2017October 09, 2017China machinery production growth rate plummeted beginning in 2014, with production contracting 0.4 percent in 2016.
ABB to Acquire GE Industrial Solutions, Strengthen Its Switchgear Market PositionSeptember 27, 2017ABB, a supplier of robotics, process automation, and electrification components, recently announced its intent to acquire GE Industrial Solutions for $2.6 billion.
Volvo cars to go all electric and hybrid — What does it mean to the electric motor market?July 12, 2017Early last week, Volvo Cars announced its plan to launch several all new vehicle models that will either be electric or hybrid vehicles from 2019 onwards. So what does Volvo’s plan mean for the traction motor market for alternative propulsion applications?Subscribers Only
IMO’s upcoming sulphur content cap on marine fuel oil: a complete game-changer for the supply chain, or mostly hype?July 10, 2017In a bid to ease the industry’s detrimental impact on the environment, the International Maritime Organization (IMO), a United Nations agency that creates the regulatory framework for the international shipping industry, has set plans to significantly reduce sulphur content in fuel oil used by ships.
Global Motion Control Market Is Returning for Solid GrowthJune 29, 2017Following a significant market decline in 2015, the global motion control market regained a concrete growth in 2016, totalling over $10.8 billion hardware revenues, with more than 21 million units shipped.
SEMICON Southeast Asia 2017: Digital transformation and disruptive technologyJune 20, 2017The SEMICON Southeast Asia 2017 (SEMICON SEA 2017) is the annual regional event for electronics innovations. Held in Penang, Malaysia 25–27 April 2017, it attracted more than 7,500 visitors. The event brought together solution providers and international industry professionals to discuss the key trends and solutions that are shaping the semiconductor and electronics industry.
Health of the medium-voltage motor market in the AmericasJune 13, 2017Gauging today’s market for medium-voltage motors in North America paints a bleak picture. However, there is expectation of an uptick spurred by the oil and gas industry in the second half of 2017.
Customers want solutions, not drives, in a more connected worldMay 19, 2017The Hannover Messe 2017 concluded on 28th April after five days of activity. The show appeared to be more popular than previous years, with the main theme running throughout the event the continued development and implementation of Industry 4.0 solutions, with suppliers from across the spectrum demonstrating their capabilities to the wider public.Subscribers Only