Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Press Releases Category - Cinema
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Access Control & Fire (40)
- Advertising (23)
- Automotive Technology (49)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (26)
- Cinema (6)
- Cloud & Data Center (76)
- Consumer Electronics (310)
- Critical Communications (9)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (22)
- Digital Media (38)
- Digital Signage (8)
- Discrete & Process Automation (8)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (52)
- Display Materials & Components (65)
- Electric Motor Systems (2)
- Enterprise IT Security (8)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (132)
- Games (7)
- Healthcare IT (1)
- Large Displays (89)
- Lighting (15)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (33)
- Managed Services (4)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (33)
- Memory & Storage (153)
- MEMS & Sensors (42)
- Mobile Devices (222)
- Mobile Innovation (18)
- Mobile Networks (85)
- Operators & Services (37)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (33)
- Semiconductor Components (227)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (9)
- Semiconductor Market (80)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (20)
- Small & Medium Displays (124)
- Smart Building & Building Automation (1)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (27)
- Smart Home & Appliances (65)
- Solar (94)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (42)
- Touch & Interface (36)
- Transformative Technologies (3)
- TV Media & Content (65)
- Video (20)
- Video Surveillance (17)
- Date Published
Next Week China to Overtake US as World’s Largest Cinema Market, IHS Markit SaysNovember 10, 2016According to screen growth patterns for 2016, the number of Chinese cinema screens will overtake the number in the US on 16 November 2016.
Event Cinema Revenues to Hit $1 Billion by 2019, IHS Report SaysJuly 01, 2015IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), the leading global source of critical information and insight, today announced findings from the first report detailing event cinema revenues, written jointly with box office tracking specialist Rentrak.
Digital Projection Domination Grows, with 90 Percent Penetration of Cinema Screens This YearJuly 17, 2013Just one year-and-a-half after they usurped 35mm film to become the majority cinema projection format, digital screens are poised to reach a global penetration rate of 90 percent...
Event Cinema Market Takes Off in EuropeJune 07, 2013Enabled by digital projection technology, non-film programming such as opera and ballet increasingly is being shown on movie screens in Europe and around the world, driving the growth...
BRIC Cinema Box Office Revenue Set to Rival North American Market by 2017March 21, 2013After doubling from 2008 to 2012, the combined cinema box office revenue for the BRIC countries of Brazil, India, China and Russia is set to double again by the end of 2017, making their...
Technology Moves to the Forefront in Cinema as Digital Overtakes FilmFebruary 13, 2013For the first time, 35mm film in 2012 became the minority cinema format after nearly 90,000 screens went digital worldwide at the end of last year. As a result, cinema has moved from what once was a technology-free zone to one driven by technology, according to the IHS Screen Digest Cinema Intelligence Service from information and analytics provider IHS (NYSE: IHS).
Just a scant six years ago, in 2007, digital cinema was virtually nonexistent with only 5,158 screens worldwide, compared to 107,832 35mm film screens. Starting in 2010, ISO-standard digital screens and 3-D screens began to take hold with 12,743 digital 2-D screens and 22,327 3-D screens. But compared to 82,105 35mm screens, digital was still in the minority.