Selected Clear AllResearch Type - Insights Category - Capital Equipment & Machinery
- Research Type
- Research by Market
- Access Control & Fire (113)
- Advertising (327)
- Automotive Technology (2464)
- Capital Equipment & Machinery (134)
- Cinema (624)
- Consumer Electronics (1398)
- Critical Communications (17)
- Cybersecurity & Digital ID (67)
- Datacenter & Cloud (165)
- Digital Media (1754)
- Digital Signage (20)
- Discrete & Process Automation (79)
- Display Manufacturing & Supply Chain (785)
- Display Materials & Components (20)
- Electric Motor Systems (61)
- Enterprise IT Security (12)
- Enterprise Networks & Communication (203)
- Games (765)
- Healthcare IT (19)
- Large Displays (886)
- Lighting (82)
- M2M, IoT & Connectivity (175)
- Managed Services (51)
- Medical Devices & Equipment (158)
- Memory & Storage (216)
- MEMS & Sensors (81)
- Mobile Devices (1085)
- Mobile Innovation (3639)
- Mobile Networks (396)
- Operators & Services (4635)
- Power Supplies & Wireless Charging (60)
- Semiconductor Components (701)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing (13)
- Semiconductor Market (429)
- Service Provider Broadband & Video (1901)
- Small & Medium Displays (871)
- Smart Grid & Energy Storage (80)
- Smart Home & Appliances (901)
- Solar (147)
- Teardowns & Cost Benchmarking (127)
- Touch & Interface (12)
- TV Media & Content (2202)
- Video (1076)
- Video Surveillance (62)
- Voice & Data Networks (129)
- Teik Chuan Goh (4)
- Alex West (6)
- Greg Johnson (6)
- Jenalea Howell (3)
- Joanne Goh (7)
- Kevin Schiller (1)
- Lisa Wang (2)
- Mark Watson (5)
- Matt Tolley (2)
- Michael Markides (5)
- Nitin Sharma (5)
- Preston Reine (7)
- Richard Dixon, PhD (2)
- Robbie Galoso (2)
- Rolando Campos (2)
- Sam Lucero (1)
- Shirly Zhu (1)
- Sudhakar Chaudhary (1)
- Syed Mohsin Ali (1)
- Yogita Kanesin (1)
- Americas (1)
- Asia (2)
- Asia Pacific (2)
- Australia (1)
- Brazil (1)
- Canada (1)
- China (8)
- Europe (2)
- France (1)
- Germany (1)
- Greece (1)
- India (1)
- Indonesia (1)
- Italy (1)
- Japan (1)
- Malaysia (2)
- Rest of Asia Pacific (1)
- Singapore (1)
- South East Asia (1)
- Spain (1)
- United States of America (1)
- USA (1)
- World (1)
- Date Published
- 3D Printing Intelligence Service (14)
- ADAS Semiconductor Intelligence Service (5)
- Automotive Electronics Procurement Intelligence Service (1)
- Automotive Infotainment Semiconductor Intelligence Service (5)
- Automotive Semiconductor Intelligence Service (5)
- Automotive Sensor Intelligence Service (4)
- Cellular IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- China Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Data Center Compute Intelligence Service (1)
- DRAM Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Gearboxes & Geared Motors Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- Generators Research Package (7)
- Industrial Semiconductor Intelligence Service (5)
- IoT Devices & Connectivity Intelligence Service (7)
- Low Voltage Motors Intelligence Service - Annual (1)
- MEMS & Sensors for Consumer & Mobile Intelligence Service (4)
- MEMS & Sensors Intelligence Service (4)
- Mobile and Embedded Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Motor-driven Equipment Research Package (11)
- Motors & Drives Vertical Application Intelligence Service (5)
- NAND Memory Intelligence Service (1)
- Outsourced Manufacturing Intelligence Service (1)
- Power Semiconductor Intelligence Service (1)
- Power Supply Intelligence Service (2)
- Prime Movers Research Package (2)
- Semiconductor Application Forecast AMFT Intelligence Service (1)
- Semiconductor Competitive Landscape CLT Intelligence Service (1)
- Set-Top Box Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Cities IoT Intelligence Service (1)
- Smart Electricity Meter Intelligence Service (3)
- Smart Manufacturing Intelligence Service - Annual (29)
- Smart Utility Meter Intelligence Service (17)
- Smart Water Meter Intelligence Service (8)
- Supply Chain Inventory Intelligence Service (1)
- Wireless Semiconductor Competitive Intelligence Service (1)
China's machinery production projected to grow steadily over the next four yearsJanuary 09, 2018From a low base in 2016, total revenue from Chinese machinery production is estimated to have increased 4.9 percent in 2017, and will continue to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9 percent from 2018 to 2021.
Global food and beverage processing machinery market to sustain solid growth, rounded $60.9 billion in 2021January 08, 2018The global market for food and beverage processing machinery was estimated at $46.2 billion in 2016. It is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7 percent, reaching $60.9 billion in 2021.
Global gearbox and geared motor market returning to growth from 2017 to 2021December 20, 2017Global market revenue for geared products is expected to grow at a 3.6 percent CAGR from 2016, to reach $12 billion in 2021.
Aftermath of the global oil crisis: What opportunities can centrifugal pump suppliers expect?December 08, 2017The latest Centrifugal Pumps Database from IHS Markit shows that the global centrifugal pump market was worth $25.8 billion in 2016, down 3.4% from 2015.
Impressions from EMO exhibition: Megatrends from the machine tool sectorOctober 23, 2017EMO 2017, held in Hannover, Germany from 16-21 September, is one of the largest trade shows for metalworking technology. IHS Markit attended the show and gained key insights into the latest trends and market developments in the manufacturing industry.
China Machinery Production Is Recovering and Set to Grow in 2017October 09, 2017China machinery production growth rate plummeted beginning in 2014, with production contracting 0.4 percent in 2016.
The Recovery After the Storm: Machinery Production Is Forecast to Reach Over $1,645 Billion in 2021August 28, 2017Since 2016, the world has entered into a time of greater political uncertainty. The impact on global economic growth and business performance has been mixed.
Generator Sets Sales Hindered by Emission RegulationsAugust 10, 2017The generator sets market has been extremely volatile since the fall of global oil prices, and emission regulations have contributed significantly to an already challenging market environment. In 2016, the estimated worth of the world market for generator sets was approximately $13.8 billion. In 2017, revenue is forecast to decline approximately 3.6 percent.
SEMICON Southeast Asia 2017: Digital transformation and disruptive technologyJune 20, 2017The SEMICON Southeast Asia 2017 (SEMICON SEA 2017) is the annual regional event for electronics innovations. Held in Penang, Malaysia 25–27 April 2017, it attracted more than 7,500 visitors. The event brought together solution providers and international industry professionals to discuss the key trends and solutions that are shaping the semiconductor and electronics industry.
Hannover Messe 2017: Insights from IHS MarkitMay 11, 2017The Manufacturing Technology team from IHS Markit returned recently after visiting Hannover Messe 2017 in Germany. With more than 225,000 professional attendees, the event is one of the world’s leading industrial trade shows. Here are our key takeaways.
Manufacturing Technology Asia 2017 – Identifying the keys to success in the IIoT journeyMay 10, 2017Manufacturing Technology Asia (MTA) 2017, held in Singapore from 4 -7 April, attracted over 12,500 professional attendees from high-value industries and sectors including aerospace, complex equipment, electronics, oil and gas, marine and offshore engineering, precision engineering, and medical technology. Advanced manufacturing technologies such as additive manufacturing, augmented and virtual reality and the industrial internet of things (IIoT) were the highlights of the tradeshow.
Will B&R acquisition give ABB a boost in industrial automation?April 20, 2017Early this month ABB; a supplier of robotics, process automation, and electrification components, acquired B&R Automation, an industrial software and automation hardware company.
IHS Markit, Impact Energy and Swiss Government Partner to Improve Energy Efficiency Requirements for Motors and VFDsApril 19, 2017IHS Markit, a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, today announced that it has teamed up with the Swiss Federal Office of Energy (SFOE) and Impact Energy to build a new market intelligence program concerning electric motors and variable frequency drives (VFDs), called Project "Topmotors Market Data Switzerland" (TMDS).
Tough Times Ahead for Gas, Steam and Hydro Turbine SuppliersMarch 15, 2017Apart from a modest rebound expected for gas turbine sales in 2017, the markets for this capital equipment are forecast to continue their downward trend through 2020 because of the various factors discussed here.
Fewer Process Market Opportunities for Pumping Equipment on Tap for 2017, IHS Markit SaysFebruary 14, 2017Destocking trends and consolidated end-user markets will continue to place pressure on positive displacement pump suppliers, especially those with products specialized for applications in underperforming process markets, until 2018, according to the latest analysis from IHS Markit.
IHS Markit Releases Top Seven Manufacturing Technology Predictions for 2017January 26, 2017After a disappointing 2016 in automation sales, declining revenues for many equipment suppliers and investment uncertainties in numerous end markets, vendors in industrial automation are hoping for a brighter 2017. With changing market conditions filtering down from the macro level to technology adoption, what can the industry expect this year?
The average selling prices of industrial generators: how they are changing and how suppliers are reactingJanuary 12, 2017The average selling prices of low- and medium-power generators contracted in all regions in 2016. This contraction was a result of low demand, low input costs, and constrained global capital expenditure.
Opportunities and threats in the Chinese fan and blower marketJanuary 06, 2017The Chinese fan and blower market is expected to decline 0.3% in 2017 from 2016, to $8 billion. Because of excess capacity in the industrial sector and the tightening of the new house-ownership policy, fans and blowers sold into industrial applications and residential HVAC in China are forecast to underperform in 2017.
SPS IPC Drives 2016 - Analysts assess outlook for 2017December 02, 2016The Manufacturing Technology team from IHS Markit recently returned after visiting SPS IPC Drives 2016 in Nurnberg, Germany. With over 63,000 professional attendees, the show is one of the most important year-end gatherings for the automation industry and a great place to collect insight on what to expect for the coming year.Subscribers Only
Industrial trucks to face new competition from AGVsNovember 14, 2016Despite relatively good performance in 2015 with a market value totalling $27.4 billion, industrial trucks and lifts are facing new competition from automatic guided vehicles (AGVs).Subscribers Only