Maria Rua Aguete is an Executive Director with IHS Markit. Maria joined Screen Digest in May 2000, where she formed and launched the Television research team before it was acquired by IHS Markit. She currently leads a team of analysts tracking the evolution of Service Providers and operators around the world. The Service Providers research leverages long-standing relationships with operators in all of the 70+ markets covered by IHS Markit, resulting in the only truly comprehensive source of television and operator market intelligence available anywhere in the world.
She is responsible for leading the team’s strategic development and managing its day-to-day operations.
She has participated in a number of reports including the annual European Cable Yearbook and has led many consulting projects for high profile media and technology companies.
Consultancy projects have included:
- Vendor due diligence and market estimation for a major investment bank, on a company involved in localisation services (dubbing/subtitling)
- Commercial Due Diligence for a private equity group, on a major satellite pay TV provider in relation to a possible purchase of the company
- Commercial due diligence for a major international bank, on a company involved in the cable TV components business
- Strategic Consultancy for a major channel group on the launch of a Latin American DTT platform
- Review of investment opportunities in the European cable market for Venture Capital group
- Advising on a DTT market launch plan for an emerging markets television group
- Competitive review and strategic analysis for a major international channel operator
Maria holds a first class degree in Economics and Business Studies from Vigo University (Spain), and an MBA with distinction from Cardiff Business School.
She received several awards including an Outstanding Alumni Award for Academic Achievement and the 2015 Research and Analysis Excellence Award.