Henning Wicht is Director of advisory research and consulting at IHS Technology. Under his guidance IHS Markit offers sector insights and market data to develop company individual growth strategies, market entry plans and competitive analysis. He has advised Senior Management of numerous companies in the Manufacturing Industry over the last 15 years.
Henning Wicht and his team more than doubled the number of projects and revenue over the last four years.
In 2017, the consulting team highlights include:
- IoT: use cases, market drivers and market segments
- Batteries for Electric Vehicles : technologies to become mainstream,
- Surveys of Chinese cell factories, outlook on supply chain and production cost
- Surveillance and Safe Cities: market sizing and growth strategies for equipment suppliers
- 5G Telecom: market sizing, infrastructure investments
- Growth-oriented Business Strategy: New approaches to segment markets and define strategies
During 2008 to 2013 Henning lead and developed the Solar Research Practice. Dr. Wicht expert witnessed litigation and arbitrations of the polysilicon and wafer supply agreements at several occasions. Dr. Wicht joined IHS in 2010 via the acquisition of iSuppli. Prior to iSuppli Henning founded and lead WTC consult, specializing in market research in Electronics, Photovoltaics and MEMS. His company was merged to iSuppli in 2008.
Mr. Wicht has received a diploma in Economics & Electrical Engineering (Dipl. Wirtschaftsing.) at the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany. He received a PhD in economics in 1999 also from TU Darmstadt. He speaks German, English, and French.