This workbook scales the consumer survey data up to thousands of households and users giving customers easy access to their addressable markets and segments. In the workbook is easy access to:
- Online households and population
- Households segmented by video subscriptions and brands available
- Overlap analysis of devices and services available
- The number of Pay TV and OTT subscriptions per household
- Monthly users by service and device brand level, including first choice
- Connected STB households by pay TV service, and OTT service accessed
- Which pay TV operators have deals with OTT video providers
- How many devices, and which devices, are connected to the main TV
- Addressable market for D2C select services with native apps
- A breakdown of Cord Cutters, Cord Nevers, Cord Shavers, and households returning to Pay TV
- Churn rates by subscription video service
- Multiplay subscriptions by service provider
Principal Analyst, Consumer Devices, IHS Markit
James Allison is a principal research analyst at IHS Markit, researching the TV sets, smartphone, and connected devices markets.
Associate Director, Connected Devices & Media Consumption, IHS Markit
Fateha Begum is an associate director of the Service Providers & Platforms team at IHS Markit, and heads research in the area of connected devices and media consumption trends.
Technology Fellow and Executive Director – Media, Service Providers & Platforms, IHS Markit
Maria Rua Aguete is an executive director at IHS Markit, focusing on Media, Service Providers & Platforms.