Just three years from now, the global market for information-technology-related cloud services will rise to $413.4 billion, nearly double from 2018. Five years into the future, 5G subscribers in Asia Pacific and North America will soar to 1.1 billion. In six years, the worldwide artificial intelligence (AI) business will boom into a nearly $1 trillion market.
These innovative technologies are transforming the way business is conducted across nearly every industry. Is your company prepared to handle the fundamental changes triggered by the massive growth of these innovations?
Find the answer at the Technology Executive Briefing – Shanghai, a free one-day event sponsored by IHS Markit | Technology, now a part of Informa Tech. Focusing on the technologies set to have the greatest impact over the next few years, the Technology Executive Briefing – Shanghai will be held Tuesday, October 29 at the Swissotel Grand, Shanghai, China.
Managing the challenges of 5G
The event will be highlighted by a morning session entitled Staking a Claim in the 5G Era.
The year 2019 will be remembered as the year of the first commercial 5G network rollouts and services. However, despite relentless trials and massive commercial deployments, the number of challenges associated with 5G continues to rise, including complex network architecture choices, limited availability of user devices and huge investments needed to build 5G networks. This session will discuss the obstacles companies must overcome to capitalize on the long-term opportunities of 5G.
Finding 5G opportunities
The 5G discussion will continue with other sessions, including: Cloud, Edge, AI&ML, 5G Applications: How Fast and How Much?
This talk will examine market transitions to the cloud and edge, and will study the adoption of AI techniques impacting compute, networking and storage equipment spending. Equipment providers discussed will include traditional equipment vendors Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Huawei, HPE, Dell EMC, SuperMicro, Inspur and various white box and open compute specialized vendors.
Broad and deep technology insights
Other topics and sessions – featuring forecasts and adjacent market ramifications – will include:
- China’s Economic Moderation and Counterbalance Policy
- Way to 5G success: Leading 5G Innovations
- Differentiation + determinacy: 5G deterministic Networking Enables Vertical Digitalization
- Interconnecting the 5G Smart Terminal Ecosystem
- 5G Multimedia Network Slicing Commercial Opportunities and Challenges
- Teardown Analysis of Smart Terminal Technology Innovation Trends
- Global semiconductor market overview and Impacts to Supply Chain
- AI and IoT Semiconductors in the Chinese Market
- Global Memory Market Supply and Demand Trends
Special guest – Jason Tu, Chief Scientist, ZTE
Jason Tu, Chief Scientist, ZTE, will deliver a presentation entitled The Way to 5G Success. Tu will explain the fundamental characteristics of 5G networks and share ZTE’s approach to understanding what changes are needed in existing networks to support 5G capabilities.
Guest speaker – Sophie Yang, Senior Director, Huawei
Sophie Yang, Senior director, Cloud Core Network Product Line Industry Development at Huawei, will present on the topic of Differentiation + Determinacy: 5G Deterministic Networking Enables Vertical Digitalization.
Huawei's 5G deterministic network industry concept is committed to building network capabilities that have both differentiation and determinacy. Through in-depth cooperation with industry partners, Huawei aims to jointly solve technical, commercial, and ecological breakpoint problems in 5G deployments.
Also at the event, Steven Yang, chief analyst at Tencent, will discuss his company’s cybersecurity solution for the cloud, pipe and terminals.
Top IHS Markit | Technology analysts will host most of the sessions and will be available to answer questions from event attendees. Company experts at the event will include:
- Vincent Feng, executive director, Asia-Pacific
- Yating Xu, senior economist, IHS Markit | ECR
- Shen Wang, senior consultant
- Cliff Grossner, Ph.D., executive director & technology fellow
- Zaker Li, senior analyst, smartphone & mobile
- Shen Wang, senior consultant
- Bob Zhang, senior analyst, teardowns,
- Hui He, principal analyst, semiconductor,
- James Zhao, principal analyst,
- Len Jelinek, executive director, semiconductor manufacturing
Click here to register and learn more about Technology Executive Briefing – Shanghai.