The Cinema Market Report Series -China provides regular and in-depth analysis of the cinema industry in China. It covers the latest market trends and a wide topic of market features.
This report also includes detailed data of the general market including box office, admissions, screens numbers, and the latest technology innovation such as 3D, PLF and Laser projector. A wide topic also included in the report from tier system, online ticketing to imported films.
This is a bi-annual market report, and these slides are aimed at giving subscribers of Cinema Intelligence easy access to the latest data and our thoughts on key trends.
- Box office in China reached RMB60.9 billion in 2018, up 9.1% from 2017
- A total of 9,303 screens were added in 2018, and majority of them were in Tier 2, 3, 4 and 5 cities
- Cinema investors were the real power behind the screen expansion
- The tiering system in China: Tiers 3, 4, and 5 cities gain more weight, driven by
- Online ticketing in China grow fast driven by low tickets price
- On-demand Cinema Circuit is in the market with more regulations from Government
- Foreign films exceed the quota in China
- China has half of the world’s 3D Screens
- China has the most Premium Large Format (PLF) screens in the world
- China is ahead in RGB laser projector installation