The TV & Video Industry Developments Impact Brief provides regular, reactive analysis of the key events shaping the global pay TV and online video markets. This includes service launches and closures, product innovations, changes in pricing and packaging, geographic expansions, and mergers and acquisitions.
Analysis is accompanied by relevant data updates, where a development has prompted a change in our core datasets – such changes are highlighted, with the implications and variance clearly quantified.
These reports are republished periodically over the course of each month, as and when new insights are produced in response to TV & video industry developments.
- Telefonica launches virtual pay TV service Movistar+ Lite in Spain
- Netflix raises subscription fees for UK standard and premium subscribers, a move set to boost revenue by £532 million over the next five years
- Canal+ to acquire pay TV provider M7 for just over €1 billion, increasing the French operator’s European subscriber base to nearly 12 million
- Mediaset seeks to transition to virtual pay TV, as it focuses on Infinity and prepares to close pay DTT offering Premium
- Disney to assume full ownership of Hulu through deal with Comcast-NBCUniversal
- Apple launches revamped TV app in more than 100 countries, with extended channel aggregation functionality in major markets