The Smart Building Products database provides a comprehensive, detailed overview of the global demand for smart building products. The focus of this report is on building management system (BMS) platforms and how certain pieces of equipment connect through these platforms in buildings. This is the second edition of the study.
Our database provides equipment manufacturers, platform vendors, systems-integrators, engineers, architects and building owners an in-depth understanding of market sizes, growth forecasts, market trends, and the competitive landscape of the industry. Detailed discussion supports quantitative market data and forecast information across four product types, fourteen equipment types and five geographic regions.
Find qualitative analysis for leading trends influencing the industry, such as the growing emphasis on interoperable equipment, the shift toward more advanced command and control analytics in platforms and the gradual uptake of AI solutions in smart buildings for instance. A section of the report gives in-depth analyses of market trends and barriers impacting six end-user industries, including case studies of model smart building projects for each building type.
Key issues addressed:
- What is the current size of the global market for BMS platforms and the equipment that is connected through these platforms? How does this differ by region?
- What are the factors impacting positively or negatively the market for BMS platforms and Smart Buildings?
- How do different connected building domains (HVAC, lighting, security, fire detection, etc.) fit into the smart building concept?
- What additional functionalities can integrated systems offer in the most advanced smart buildings? What barriers are preventing more buildings from upgrading to incorporate these functions today?
- How do buildings in different end-user industries vary in regards to domain types that are integrated and their levels of integration?
- What portion of BMS platform analytics are performed on-site, versus in the cloud? What trends are influencing the adoption of cloud or edge computing frameworks?
- Who are the leading actors in the Smart Building sphere? Who are the new market entrants?