IHS Markit has partnered with appScatter Group, the intelligent app management platform, to produce this report. appScatter provides IHS Markit with country-level mobile apps data to support analysis of the mobile games market, mobile games companies and title performance from its Priori Data, enabling us to deliver deeper insight into these market opportunities.
In this report, we take a look at the net revenue being generated across Google Play and Apple's App Store, by country, and by app, with breakout attention given to the Battle Royale movement.
- Growth slows compared to 2017, thanks to the general maturity of established markets such as US and Japan.
- NetEase and Tencent expand international business in response to domestic challenges
- Battle royale: Esports is only just getting going
In this report:
- Topline 2018 performance
- Top 10 mobile games apps
- Year of Battle Royale
- Tencent and NetEase expand international business
- AAA games publisher performance on mobile
List of tables and charts:
- World mobile games apps net revenue
- Key country mobile games app net revenue
- Top ten titles, by revenue and downloads
- Countries showing 20+ growth, in local currency
- Top battle royale games, world net revenue
- Existing games adding battle-royale modes
- Tencent and NetEase, international revenues
- Nintendo: Top games in 2018
- Traditional publishers: Top titles by revenue
Number of Pages: 13
Number of Tables and Charts: 10
Director – Research and Analysis Director, Games, IHS Markit
Mr. Piers Harding-Rolls is a director of Research and Analysis Games at IHS Markit, focuses on the evolution of games.
Principal Senior Analyst, Games, IHS Markit
Steve Bailey is a principal senior analyst for Games at IHS Markit.
Senior Research Analyst – Games, IHS Markit
Chenyu Cui is a Senior Research Analyst, Games at IHS Markit.