This Smart Cities IoT Market Brief has been developed by a team of analysts specializing in smart cities and buildings, smart utilities, lighting and healthcare and IoT connectivity and business models.
It provides an assessment of:
- The current size and forecast growth in smart cities devices.
- Key trends in the smart cities space.
- Strategic issues such as the impact of urbanisation, the role of central government, lighting as a platform for additional services, the role of data exchanges and varying operator strategies.
- The smart cities IoT vendor ecosystem and recent M&A.
- Smart cities vertical and connectivity trends.
Senior Principal Analyst, IoT
Julian Watson is the senior principal analyst of Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity research at IHS Markit. He is responsible for analyzing IoT technologies, applications and business models.
Jessica joined IHS Markit in November 2016. Her responsibilities include the research and analysis for market trackers including LED and digital signage. She also assists in the IoT and smart cities case studies.