NAB 2018 brought forth many of the traditional companies within content, broadcast, and pay-TV, which presented solutions at the show that reinforced the ongoing trends in the pay-TV ecosystem.
- The industry’s move towards all-IP workflows is continuing steadily
- Live streaming with low latency and high QoS remains a consistent challenge
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning are spreading across the technology industry
- Content security continues to be a concern due to the current trend towards IP-based delivery
- The STB sector and operators are deepening their bets on Android TV
Senior Research Analyst, Service Provider Technology
Mr. Paul Erickson, senior analyst at IHS Markit, drives connected device research and a range of topics for the broadband intelligence service.
Research Manager, Service Provider Technology
Veronica Gonzalez-Thayer serves as Research Manager within the Service Provider Technology team at IHS Markit Technology. She has more than 9 years of experience in market research and analysis.