Tencent’s PC segment delivered poor performance for the quarter, with a decline of 11.6%, but the company retained its leading position with 65% market share. With its focus on the mobile market, the lack of any new hit releases for PC suggests that Dungeon&Fighter (DNF) and League of Legends (LoL) will remain the main revenue sources.
However, Tencent has secured a licensing partnership with BlueHole to publish PublisherUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) in China, as it's aims to take the lead in the innovative and fast-flourishing battle-royale segment.
- Tencent and NetEase begin direct and intense competion over the battle-royale sub-genre
- PC games market is propped by legacy titles
- New title Wilderness helps NetEase find traction in overseas markets
In this report:
- Top publisher performance
- Revenue share within publisher basket
- Top publisher revenue split by MMOG &MOG
- Top publisher revenue split by business model
- Top publisher revenue split by technology
- 2017 Full year review