Ted Hall delivered a keynote presentation at Cable Congress 2018, which took place in Dublin on March 6-7.
The presentation, entitled ‘Cable in Context: Performance and Prospects in the Converged World’, covered a wide range of topics, including:
- The European cable sector’s performance in subscription and revenue terms, across TV, broadband and telephony
- Innovation in cable broadband and its competitive position compared to VDSL and FTTP
- The impact of new entrants in the TV market, including Netflix, which now has more video subscriptions in Europe than any other provider
- Strategies for cable operators to maintain and advance their market position, in the areas of content, TV platforms, and multiplay
- The transformative potential of 5G and blockchain in media, including use cases for each technology
Subscribers can log in to view Ted’s presentation.