A comprehensive overview of the Media Management market, including detailed analysis on market size, market share, market drivers and market transformation across business and operating models.
- The Media Management (MM) market has managed to record a growth rate of 6.47% in 2016 with a further 4.53% expected in 2017, reaching $8.29bn in global revenue by the year end.
- In 2015 61.6% of global revenue was service based, growing to 62.9% by the end of 2017. This trend is expected to continue over the forecast period as service’s share grows to 65.9% of global revenue in 2021.
- Packaging is the largest segment in Media Management market with just under $4bn in 2017, followed by Delivery and then Media Asset Management valued at $2.7bn and $1.6bn respectively.
- North America will become to be the largest market with a 36.4% share of global revenue in 2021 up from 35% in 2017. The fastest growing markets are Asia Pacific and South and Central America, which both have 6 year CAGRs of 7.2% from 2015 to 2021.
The database contains historic and forecasted industry value associated with 4 key services types and 9 technologies in video management sector, including: Media Asset Management, Adaptive Bitrate streaming, CDN, Contribution Encoders, Distribution Encoders, Multiplexing, Playout, Integrated Receiver Decoders, Transcode for both live and non-live video content
Detailed revenue and market share analysis of over 38 vendors across 4 macro-geographic regions is available. The forecasts extend to 2021.
- Total media management market size revenue 2013-2021, by business model, compression, country, live/non-live content, platform, region, sub-region, resolution, segment and sub-segment.
- Total media management market share revenue 2013-2016, by segment
- Total media management market share revenue 2013-2016, by region
Associate Director – Research and Analysis, Service Provider Technology
Mr. Andrew Young, an associate director at IHS Markit, is responsible for researching professional video technology.
Senior Research Analyst, Service Provider Technology
Ms. Po Li, a senior analyst at IHS Markit, covers the media transport, managed media and digital video technology markets.