This Industrial IoT Market Brief has been developed by a team of analysts specialiing in smart manufacturing devices, connectivity and business models, IoT technologies and platforms, sensors and data transmission, related areas such as cloud, analytics, AI, robotics and 3D printing and IHS Markit’s vertical experts in across manufacturing, energy, maritime, agriculture and chemicals.
It provides an assessment of:
- The current size and growth in the industrial IoT market.
- Key trends in the industrial IoT space.
- Strategic issues such as Industry 4.0, attitudes to cloud adoption, the impact of new technologies and standards such as 5G, IO-Link, private LTE, OPC-UA and TSN and the roles for platforms and robotics.
- The industrial IoT vendor ecosystem, recent M&A and standards landscape.
- Vertical adoption, with illustrative case studies, of IoT across manufacturing, energy, maritime, agriculture and chemicals.
- The future of industrial IoT connectivity.
Senior Principal Analyst, IoT
Julian Watson is the senior principal analyst of Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity research at IHS Markit. He is responsible for analyzing IoT technologies, applications and business models.