This report addresses key opportunities, disruptive forces, technology battlegrounds, supply chain and market information for the various automotive semiconductor magnetic sensors including Hall, GMR, AMR, and emerging technologies such as TMR and MEMS.
Key Issues Addressed:
- What drives the shift to brushless DC motors?
- Which sensors benefit, how do sensorless solutions impact market?
- Where is AMR making most inroads?
- What is significance of 2- and 3D Hall devices?
- How does this extend the performance of existing Hall technology?
- Will GMR fulfill its potential?
- When will TMR join the market?
- With the advent of CVT and DCT transmissions, what is the opportunity for speed and position sensors compared to standard automatics and manual gearboxes?
- What is the impact of stop-start systems on magnetic sensing content?
- How do new emissions standards affect engine sensors?
- What is the implication of ISO26262 functional safety standards for the sensor market?
Applicable To Component Manufacturers ODM: tier 1, 2 and 3 suppliers to auto industry Manufacturers of consumer, medical and industrial products: Procurement, R&D Foundries: Marketing Equipment for ASIC and semiconductor manufacturers, Packaging and Testing, Sales, marketing.
Senior Principal Analyst, MEMS & Sensors
Richard Dixon is a senior principal analyst for MEMS research and author of more than 50 MEMS-related consulting and market research studies. He is a world-renowned expert on automotive MEMS and magnetic sensors used in safety, powertrain and body applications.