This report evaluates the top content security providers who are active in the pay TV industry on criteria spanning market share, deployment and footprint, content security focus, and product capability. The report compares product capabilities in the context of operators’ needs, and also examines the extent to which security vendors are capable of competing in the wider video technology ecosystem.
- NAGRA emerged as the top content security vendor by revenue in 2016
- NAGRA's capability set in the content security space is currently unrivalled
- Within the wider video technology ecosystem, competition necessitates product specialization; true end-to-end solutions do not exist in this market
List of tables and charts:
- 2016 Conditional Access Market Shares by Vendor and Revenue
- Conditional Access Deployments by Platform, Region, and Vendor
- 2016 Content Security Revenues as a Share of Total Vendor Turnover
- Content Security Product Capabilities by Vendor
- Video Technology Ecosystem Breadth by Vendor
Number of pages: 9
Number of tables and charts: 5
Research Analyst, Service Provider Technology
Ms. Cecilia Zhu, research analyst at IHS Markit, contributes to analysis of video technology, video software security and analytics markets.
Associate Director, Research & Analysis, Digital Media & Video Technology
Mr. Merrick Kingston is an associate director at IHS Markit, and engages in a broad spectrum of digital media and video technology research.