This Smart Home Market Brief has been developed by a team of analysts specialising on smart home devices and business models, home appliances, consumer electronics and connectivity technologies. It provides an assessment of:
- The current size, growth prospects and trends in the smart home market.
- Key trends in the smart home market.
- Strategic issues such as fragmentation, security, interoperability, the impact of voice control and the role of operator in the ecosystem.
- The smart ecosystem, competitive environment, recent M&A and standards landscape.
- Connectivity trends in the smart home.
- Strategic recommendations for stakeholders.
Future Smart Home Market Briefs planned for this year will consider Industrial IoT (IIoT) and connected car.
Senior Principal Analyst, IoT
Julian Watson is the senior principal analyst of Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity research at IHS Markit. He is responsible for analyzing IoT technologies, applications and business models.