IHS Component Health Watch (CHW)TM is an annual subscription that reports the health status and outlook of the overall supply and demand environment for major electronic components on a monthly cadence. CHW is a collaborative effort by IHS analysts who research the complete semiconductor eco-system from component end use to the supply of raw materials and their impact on component price and lead times. Leveraging the research analysis from multiple services produces insightful analysis and commentary that informs a user of pricing, lead time, and supply demand trends that can impact their supply chain.
Key Issues Addressed
- What product will have the greatest risk of shortage in the near future?
- When will product availability be impacted?
- What factors will impact availability?
- What are the global price trends.
- OEMs: Procurement, Market Research
- Component Manufacturers: Marketing, Product Management
- ODMs/EMS: Strategic Purchasing
- Financial Community
Senior Director, Cost Benchmarking Services
Andrew Rassweiler manages the cost benchmarking services at IHS, which includes the teardown service as well as Component Price Tracker™, and Component Health Watch™ services.