This report provides a holistic view of Android OS across the pay TV and OTT retail STB landscape - focusing on the strategies and rationale of pay TV operators who have chosen Android implementations. The report also analyses the OTT STB market and the impact of Google's current vision of its Android platform.
In this report:
- Executive Summary
- Android in Pay TV STBs
- Approach 1: embrace the Android TV platform - Bougyues Telecom Case Study
- Approach 2: going-it-alone with Android OSP - Swisscom and Korea Telecom Case Studies
- Android in OTT Retail STBs
List of tables and charts:
- Android OSP and Android TV shipments
- Pay TV Android deployments by product mix
- Pay TV operators: Android deployment table
- Pay TV OSP and Android TV scenario forecast
- OTT Retail STB table
- OTT Retail STBs shipments by OS
- Android OSP and Android TV pay TV deployments table
- OTT STB deployment table
Number of pages: 44
Number of tables and charts: 9
Executive Director, Enterprise & Residential Communications Technology, IHS Markit
Mr. Daniel Simmons is an executive director in the Connected Home Technology research team at IHS Markit.
Associate Director, Research & Analysis, Digital Media & Video Technology
Mr. Merrick Kingston is an associate director at IHS Markit, and engages in a broad spectrum of digital media and video technology research.
Senior Research Analyst, Service Provider Technology
Mr. Paul Erickson, senior analyst at IHS Markit, drives connected device research and a range of topics for the broadband intelligence service.