An upswing in multi-purpose room and immersive telepresence sales drove the global video conferencing market up 8 percent sequentially in the second quarter of 2015 (2Q15), to $774 million, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
“The dedicated videoconferencing system market is finally showing signs of life again, thanks to strengthening demand for updated room and desktop systems,” said Matthias Machowinski, research director for enterprise networks and video at IHS.
“On the flip side, the rapid growth in PBX-based systems has come to a halt as the target market for these reaches saturation,” Machowinski said.
VIDEO CONFERENCING MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- In 2Q15, worldwide revenue for multi-purpose rooms rose 15 percent from the year-ago quarter (2Q14)
- Immersive telepresence revenue rose 57 percent in 2Q15 from 1Q15 due to increased sales in North America, EMEA and Latin America in spite of high unit cost and the availability of alternative solutions
- Multi-point control unit (MCU), PBX-based videophone endpoint and software-based endpoint sales declined on a year-over-year basis in 2Q15
- All major geographic regions experienced sequential revenue increases in Q2, with North America leading growth
- IHS expects long-term fundamentals to drive the video conferencing market to $3.5 billion in 2019
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL
Clients: Log in to view on-demand Matthias Machowinski’s video conferencing market recap and outlook: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=978.
VIDEOCONFERENCING REPORT SYNOPSIS
The quarterly IHS Infonetics Enterprise Telepresence and Video Conferencing Equipment market research report tracks dedicated and PBX-based videoconferencing and telepresence infrastructure and endpoints (immersive telepresence, desktops, multipurpose rooms, videophones, software). The report provides regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2019, analysis and trends. Vendors tracked include Avaya, Cisco, Huawei, Lifesize (Logitech), Microsoft, Polycom, ZTE, and others. To purchase the report, please visit www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.