The growing adoption of laptops, tablets, smartphones and other wireless devices in the home, along with consumers’ desire to stream video over their home networks, continues to push the demand for WiFi routers.
HOME NETWORKING DEVICE MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The worldwide home networking device market totaled $6.5 billion in the first half of 2015 (1H15), growing 2 percent from the second half of 2014 (2H14), driven by multiscreen video and WiFi access
- Residential gateways led in revenue, and multimedia over coax set-top boxes and video gateways are growing quickly
- 802.11n routers made up 40 percent of WiFi router shipments in 1H15
- 802.11ac routers comprised 57 percent of WiFi router shipments in 1H15, increasing 189 percent from 2H14
- In 1H15, WiFi extender shipments totaled 3.1 million, with EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) leading in units shipped, followed closely by North America
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL
Clients: Log in to view John Kendall’s home networking update, live Jan. 29 at noon ET or on-demand: https://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=942.
HOME NETWORKING REPORT SYNOPSIS
Published biannually, the IHS Home Networking Devices report tracks WiFi broadband routers, WiFi extenders, residential gateways, set-top boxes (STBs), multimedia over coax (MoCA) optical network terminals (ONTs), HomePlug Powerline adapters, MoCA coax‑Ethernet adapters and HPNA/G.hn adapters. It provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2019, analysis and trends. Vendors tracked: Actiontec, Alcatel Lucent, Arris, AVM, Belkin, Cisco, Comtrend, Devolo, D-Link, Fiberhome, Hitron, Huawei, Netgear, Pace, Sagemcom, SMC Networks, Technicolor, TP-Link, TrendNet, Ubee Interactive, ZTE, ZyXel and others.
For more information about the report, contact the sales department at IHS in the Americas at +1 844 301 7334 or firstname.lastname@example.org; in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) at +44 1344 328 300 or email@example.com; or Asia Pacific (APAC) at +604 291 3600 or technology_APAC@ihs.com.