Amidst a rapidly changing threat landscape, the global network security market, including appliances and software, continued its strong performance in the third quarter of 2015 (3Q15), growing 7 percent year-over-year, to $2 billion.
Fortinet and Palo Alto Networks continue to post strong year-over-year growth, and Check Point, Cisco, Fortinet, Intel Security, Juniper and Palo Alto all posted sequential growth in 3Q15.
MORE Q3 NETWORK SECURITY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- A sell-off of some major product portfolios is underway in the network security space:
- Trend Micro and HP announced in October 2015 that Trend is buying HP’s TippingPoint business
- In November 2015, Intel Security announced the sale of several lines of business, including their firewall and next-generation firewall (NGFW) business, to Raytheon|Websense
- Coming off its largest quarter ever in 2Q15, market leader Cisco saw a significant shift in revenue to intrusion prevention systems (IPS) during Q3
- The emergence of SDN and NFV as dominant networking trends is forcing enterprises and service providers to look at future solutions that work in these environments, including virtual appliances and other software solutions
NETWORK SECURITY REPORT SYNOPSIS
The quarterly IHS Infonetics Network Security Appliances and Software report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2019, analysis, and trends for integrated security appliances, secure routers, SSL VPN gateways, VPN and firewall software, and intrusion detection and prevention products. Vendors tracked: Array Networks, CA, Check Point, Cisco, Citrix, D-Link, Dell, eSoft, F5, Fortinet, GTA, HP, Huawei, Intel Security, ISS, Juniper, McAfee, NetASQ, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, ZyXel, others. This report is part of the IHS Cybersecurity Technology Intelligence Service.
# # #