The global major home appliances market size was over 620 million units in 2015 or 36% of the entire home appliance market. Major home appliances spans a variety of devices comprising refrigeration appliances, home laundry appliances, dishwashing appliances, air-conditioning appliances, large and small cooking appliances.
The aim of this research is to access the current state of the major home appliances market worldwide and to forecast future trends in this industry. This research offers a deep dive analysis of major home appliances market in 23 countries/ sub regions. It also analyses the penetration of technology (such as VSD, display, touch) into the market providing in-depth analysis, statistics and forecast to highlight electronic design trends including semiconductor content.
In the major appliance report:
Worldwide market size estimates for year 2015 and five year annual forecast from 2016 through 2020 for each of 10 major home appliances reported by 23 major countries.
List of tables and charts:
- World market for major home appliances – by product category
- World market for major home appliances (penetration rate, installed base, unit shipments – appliance type by region
- World market for inverter-based variable speed control (VSD) by appliance type
- World market for electronic display by appliance type and by display type
- World market for touch control by appliance type
- World semiconductor market by appliance type and by semiconductor type
- Global market share estimates - Total major home appliance market by appliance type.
- Number of households by countries
- GDP growth across region and key markets
Principal Analyst, Home Appliances
Dinesh Kithany is a principal analyst working within the IHS Consumer Electronics team. Dinesh joined IHS in March 2013 and heads the Home Appliances Research.
Analyst, Home Appliances
Noman Akhtar has deep technical knowledge of electronic components and is covering home appliances and semiconductors within the IHS consumer electronics team. He analyzes market shares and the semiconductor bill of materials of smart appliances including household robots. He also provides the latest technology market trends at global as well as country level.