Much has already been written about wireless charging for 2015 - huge growth, high-profile product launches and a move from industry push to consumer pull to name a few. But now at the start of 2016, IHS has set its sights on the next 12 months and has highlighted five key trends to look for in wireless charging in 2016:
- The iPhone 7 will launch with integrated wireless charging in September 2016
- Tri-modal receivers in mobile phones by the end of 2016
- Customer satisfaction levels to drop in the annual IHS survey
- One million public wireless chargers installed
- At least one OEM commitment to uncoupled technology
Research Manager, Wireless Power and Smart Utilities
David is Research Manager for the Wireless Power & Smart Utilities Infrastructure group at IHS Markit, leading a team of analysts focused on our intelligence services, research on key technology trends and consumer analysis.