There has been a surge in the number of giant movie theatre circuits operating over 1,000 screens. The sharp rise in the number of giant circuits is indicative of both recent activity in the acquisition and merger field but also the result of organic growth of circuits through new build construction in China.
- Surge in the number of giant exhibition circuits operating over 1,000 screens
- The top 50 exhibitors account for half of all modern world screens.
- Half of screens held by the top 20 circuits belong to multi-territory exhibitors
- But multi-territory activity limited to around 30 active exhibitors worldwide
List of tables and charts
- Top 20 global exhibition circuits
- Leading circuits by multi-territory screen count
- Split of screens operated by tier of top 50 circuits
- Regional split of active screens held by multi-territory citcuits
- Leading territories for screens held by multi-territory circuits
- Net screen growth by territory 2014
- Net screen growth by exhibitor 2014
Number of pages: 7
Number of tables and charts: 8