The Component Price Landscape (CPL) is a quarterly service that uniquely provides manufacturer price number (MPN)-level benchmark and forecast pricing for 3,042 MPNs, representing over 42,000+ form, fit, or function MPNs. The MPNs in CPL are high-volume, multi-sourced electronic components used in a wide variety of electronic devices.
The pricing data comes from "real" contract purchasers of components, the “lowest” price found from searchable franchise distribution, and forecasts calibrated and auto-calculated, enabling a unique and valuable perspective.
- Four-quarter historical pricing
- Four-quarter price forecast
- 117 part type categories (Click here for part type coverage)
- 3,000+ manufacturer part numbers
- Represents 42,000+ form, fit, or function manufacturer part numbers
- Commodity level price trends with categories and taxonomy structure sourced directly from IHS Markit BOM Intelligence
- Pricing represents global contract sourcing from APAC and lowest distributor price found online.
- Rolling 12 month High/Low Distributor price per MPN displayed as well.
- Lead time and supplier flexibility at part-type level
Annual subscription includes 4 calendar quarter updates (January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1)
Key Issues Addressed
- Are my component costs in line with current and forecast benchmark pricing?
- What are the benchmarking price trends over time at a commodity level?
- I need an efficient way to benchmark my components are within the range of the lowest Distributor price and contract benchmark price?
- OEMS: Procurement, Market Research
- Component Manufacturers: Marketing, Product Management
- ODMs/EMS: Strategic Purchasing
- Financial Community
Senior Director, Cost Benchmarking Services
Andrew Rassweiler manages the cost benchmarking services at IHS, which includes the teardown service as well as Component Price Tracker™, and Component Health Watch™ services.