With a compelling need for Automotive safety systems driven by automakers for reducing the number of road accidents and also promoted by NCAP ratings since early 2013, the semiconductor technology for ADAS is on the rise.
Multi-function driver assistance systems in mid-range and luxury car brands are pushing forward for remarkable integration trends on semiconductor and sensor level. With a successful penetration rate of ADAS in economy cars, the growth rate for semiconductor market is predicted to grow strongly in the next couple of years.
This market tracker gives a comprehensive analysis of different types of ADAS architecture implementation based on discrete or integrated solutions. Key developments in ADAS applications, corresponding technology trends in ADAS semiconductor and sensor, market share of semiconductor and its supply chain are addressed in this report.
Key Issues Addressed
- ADAS architecture implementation strategy.
- Modular or Integrated
- Based on car segment
- Challenges faced for development of Autonomous driving systems, V2V & V2I systems.
- Challenges faced for efficient data processing
- Mono vs Stereo camera modules – Is this solution cost-effective?
- Average number of sensors per car for Multi-function systems.
- Implementation of Advanced Emergency Braking effective with just one sensor?
- Evolution of sensor technologies for 3D scanning?
- Safety critical standards of ADAS semiconductor (passive warning vs active control systems)
- Current & future mandates and regulations e.g. NCAP
- Market share of semiconductor & sensors
- Tier-1, Tier-2
- Semiconductor Suppliers
- Semiconductor Foundries
Principal Analyst, Automotive Electronics & Semiconductors
Luca De Ambroggi is responsible for all aspects of semiconductor research for telematics, infotainment, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and related automotive applications. He also supports sales and marketing as well as strategic business development endeavors in the growing European automotive segment.
Senior Analyst, Automotive Electronics & Semiconductors
Akhilesh Kona covers the area of automotive semiconductor, with focus on advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and body electronics. He is responsible for market research on sensors and semiconductor content including various technology trends in the field of ADAS.