The IHS Microcontroller Market Tracker is a unique service that provides quarterly guidance on this extremely valuable and competitive market. Whether you design, manufacture or distribute MCUs, the IP at their core, the tools to design them or the software that gives them purpose, this report is essential for a competitive understanding of the entire microcontroller ecosystem.
This service includes the essentials: historic revenue data, five-year forecast, top market divisions, bit-class divisions, and top suppliers. It adds features found in premium reports: units and ASPs, regional splits, expanded application list, expanded competitive landscape, top-level core IP ecosystem shares, and qualitative discussions of market trends. Then, this valuable quarterly service goes well beyond: it includes regional by market and by bit class; 4, 8, 16, 32 MCUs over a hundred applications highlighting the top by size and by growth; competitive landscape by market; and 25 core IP market shares. Topping this off are unique features not found elsewhere – quantitative analysis by function, by I/O & subsystems, frequency, memory, node, and more.
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the top MCU markets by market size? By growth opportunity?
- Who are the application market leaders?
- What is a “core IP ecosystem” and why is it important?
- Where can I locate MCU vendors and the kind of products they sell?
- How can I evaluate what regions to target for my 8-bit wireless MCU?
- Are all MCUs migrating to 32-bit? Why or why not?
- What are the top MCU design features?
- Where do MCUs compete with other System-on-Chips?
- Who’s winning?
- MCU suppliers
- Foundry Services
- IP providers
- Operating system vendors
- Software developers
- Related component suppliers: Sensors, Transceiver, etc.
- Connectivity solutions specialists
- Portable device designers
- Automotive equipment OEM/ODMs
- Industrial equipment OEM/ODMs
- Smart Card & Secure MCU specialists
Senior Research Analyst, Embedded Processors
Christopher (Chris) Morris is a senior research analyst for the embedded processor markets at IHS Markit, with a focus on microcontrollers in the telecommunications, automotive, consumer, and industrial markets. His work also covers microprocessors, signal processors, application-specific processors, configurable logic processors, and system-on-chip (SoC) solutions.