To help you navigate the electronics value chain, IHS has developed the Global OEM Manufacturing and Design Analysis (GOMDA)TM service. The GOMDA is a unique service which examines the design and manufacturing outsourcing strategies of leading OEMs and tracks the relationship maps of these OEMs across their extended supply chains (EMS, ODM, independent design houses, component suppliers) to address critical questions.
Key Issues Addressed
- Who designs for an OEM? What roles do these design houses play in an OEM’s product development process? Their locations and capabilities?
- Who builds for an OEM? Where do these contract manufacturers build? What are the share splits of these contract manufacturers for an OEM?
- What are the key outsourcing strategies of leading OEMs? Why are an OEM’s design / manufacturing activities insourced or outsourced?
- How do these outsourcing strategies dictate the design and manufacturing relationships across the supply chain? What are the outsourcing trends?
- How might the evolution of contract manufacturers impact OEMs and component suppliers?
- What should I know about my peers’ competitive positions in order to better penetrate and service OEMs and contract manufacturers?
- Component Suppliers
- EMS providers
- Financial Analysts
- Independent Design Houses