Knowing where the engineering teams are designing systems and making semiconductor selections is critical to prioritizing resources for winning business. This semi-annual database tool from IHS is the only research available that examines system design activities of just under 250 of the world’s leading electronic OEMs (ex: Apple, Samsung, Lenovo, etc) at the regional and country level.
The Design Activity Tool (DAT) product suite contains both qualitative and quantitative research elements to best serve your needs. The Excel database pivot table tool allows you to examine and dissect the dataset in a myriad of ways - quickly drilling down to the information you need. The R&D Center Database contains detailed analysis of over 5000 R&D locations around the world. The Executive Summary provides a quick and easy read that highlights key trends in OEM design activity. The online TRAX tool and portal additionally leverages the entire IHS analyst community, giving you real time analysis on major events such as key mergers and acquisitions and new product developments.
Key Issues Addressed
- Where in the world do the top OEMs have their systems designed?
- How much semiconductor business by application and by device type can be attributed to design decisions in a particular country or region?
- How many "design-win" resources do I assign to a particular account, country, or region?
- On which countries should we focus our advertising budget?
- Semiconductor Suppliers:Marketing & sales, strategy teams
- Reps, Distributors, Electronic Design Automation: Marketing
- Design firms-Sales and Marketing
- Electronic Design Automation Firms
- Material Suppliers
Planned 2018 enhancements
- New visual summary tabs of market and semiconductor component spending trends to be included in Excel files
- New OEM companies added to coverage
- Improved accuracy in tracking of closed centers in R&D Center Database
Research Manager, Semiconductor Value Chain
Myson Robles-Bruce is responsible for the semiconductor application forecasts & market shares products. He came to IHS Markit from semiconductor market research firm Databeans, where he was the first...
Analyst, Semiconductor Value Chain
Chee Seng Tan is the researcher for global semiconductor market shares, applications forecasts and design activity products at IHS in Penang, Malaysia.