- What are the market sizes and forecasts for image sensors?
- What is the future of CCD technology in the face of competition from CMOS image sensors?
- What are the various trends in cameras used in mobile handsets?
- What are the market shares by manufacturer by application?
- How fast is the PC industry moving to videoconferencing?
- How quickly is the automotive industry incorporating cameras?
- How are mobile handsets rivaling DSCs?
- What are the current trends in the overall image sensor market?
- Marketing and Product Managers, Market Analysts, and Executives: Semiconductor Suppliers, OEMs, EMS and ODM Companies, Service Providers, Trade Associations
- Financial Institutions: Banks, Securities Firms, Venture Capitalists
Findings and implications
DSCs vs. smartphones update
- Will point-and-shoots survive stiff competition?
- 4K video capture has arrived
CMOS technology rules
BSI is becoming mainstream in smartphones
- FSI vs. BSI
OmniVision offers DSC quality imaging on the go
- OmniVision offers OmniBSI-2 technology
Handset camera segment update
- Sony’s Exmor RS sensors
Camcorder Segment Update
Image sensors for videoconferencing applications
- Image sensors for security applications
Automotive image sensors
- OmniVision announces NTSC sensor for automotive applications
Media tablet image sensors
Key market updates and insights
- Smartphone cameras are getting smarter with computational photography
- HTC One challenges the smartphone megapixel race
Sony increases image sensor production capacity
- New stacked BSI sensor from Sony
- Aptina combines DSLR picture quality and 4K video in new ultra-high speed 14-megapixel image sensor
- Toshiba unveils 1.12 micrometer, 13MP CMOS image sensor with color noise reduction
- Apple granted patents for image sharpening
- Aptina advances global shutter technology for high-speed surveillance
Appendix: image sensor definition