Component Price Tracker (CPTTM) is an annual service that provides current pricing and price forecasts across the three major global regions for high-volume, multi-sourced electronic components. The IHS Component Price Tracker examines the most representative part descriptions per component group on a monthly basis. It uniquely affords consistent and accurate pricing information by analyzing thousands of global pricing data points for key components. Clients utilize CPT market pricing and forecast visibility to validate pricing and ensure continuity of supply at market competitive prices.
Key Issues Addressed
- Are my component costs in line with current and forecast market pricing?
- Can I improve my regional sourcing of components from electronic components manufacturers to take advantage of tactical price swings?
- Is there any way suppliers can improve the industry's product mix issues?
- What procurement/supply strategies should vendors and buyers pursue?
- OEMS: Procurement, Market Research
- Component Manufacturers: Marketing, Product Management
- ODMs/EMS: Strategic Purchasing
- Financial Community
Component Pricing Ends Year Mixed Amid Macroeconomic Concerns - January 2013
Weaker Than Expected End-Market Demand Drives Component Pricing Down - December 2012
Global Economic Downturn Continues to Affect Component Pricing - November 2012
Weak Macro Conditions Reshape the Semiconductor Cycle - October 2012
Component Pricing Remains Flat Amid Fear of Continued Economic Weakness - September 2012
Component Pricing Bucks Seasonal Trends - August 2012
Component Pricing Trending Upwards as Supply Tightens - July 2012
Semiconductor Component Sales Soar in April - June 2012
Component ASPs Adjust to Compensate for Demand - May 2012
Silicon Cycle Starts Component Pricing in Motion - April 2012
Component Pricing Continues to Trend with Low Visibility of Market Demand - March 2012
Senior Analyst, Semiconductors & CPT
Leading iSuppli Corp.’s Component Price Tracking (CPT) Service, Rick is responsible for leading, creating and delivering research and analysis on the electronics components market. Rick delivers business analysis and actionable advice to the suppliers and buyers of electronic components...View Details