The MEMS industry will soon need new killer applications in order to maintain what has been notable double-digit growth, especially after expansion starts slowing in the key consumer-mobile and automotive segments.
But what is in the pipeline? A few products provide a tantalizing look into the promising possibilities ahead, even though few things are certain at this point.
The MEMS Market Tracker answers these questions by providing 5-year annual and 2-year rolling half-year forecasts for the worldwide MEMS market, convering MEMS sensors, actuators, micro-fluidics and substrates in the data processing, wired and wireless communications, consumer, automotive, industrial, medical and aerospace & defense sectors.
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the new killer applications?
- What are MEMS shipments and revenue growth projections moving forward?
- Which are the top MEMS suppliers, and what is each one’s area of specialization?
- What price erosion can be expected for established applications like inkjets, DLP chips, and pressure sensors?
- What is the market by product in terms of wafers?
- What is the share of market for each MEMS sensor product and application?
- MEMS Component Manufacturers: Marketing, Executives
- MEMS Foundries: Marketing
- Equipment for MEMS and Semiconductor Manufacturers, Packaging and Testing
- Sales, Marketing
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Findings and Implications
- Main changes in the forecast from Q3 2012
- Market Update and Outlook
- Market for MEMS Devices
- Market by Application
- Key Players
- Appendix A: Definitions (Products, Applications, Regions)
- Appendix B: Research Methodology
Senior Director, MEMS & Sensors
Jérémie Bouchaud is unique to the MEMS industry – his breadth of MEMS device and application knowledge is unmatched, particularly in terms of automotive, consumer markets and RF MEMS.
Principal Analyst, MEMS & Sensors
Richard Dixon is a principal analyst for MEMS and author of more than 50 MEMS-related consulting and market research studies. He is a world-renowned expert on automotive MEMS and...