The Tablet Cost Model from IHS provides a detailed analysis of the future manufacturing costs for tablets configured with different connectivity options and designs. This makes it an invaluable and comprehensive planning tool to the tablet industry. It allows service providers to plan their product offerings based on an understanding of the impact of different features on the manufacturing costs of tablets. Tablet manufacturers and semiconductor providers can benchmark current and future designs.
This easy-to-use database tool leverages IHS intelligence from multiple research areas including: teardown analysis of the latest tablets to understand current designs and costs, in-depth research and analysis into tablet designs, trends and competitive dynamics, and comprehensive analysis of component and module markets including ASICs, memory, and displays. This provides detailed and accurate forecasting of costs and flexibility in tablet configurations.
Key Issues Addressed
- What is the cost and future cost of a tablet with a defined configuration?
- What is the cost impact of adding certain features to a tablet?
- How competitive are my costs for manufacturing or buying tablets?
- Tablet Manufacturers (OEM / EMS / ODM): Purchasing, Design/technical, Market research
- Service Providers: Purchasing, Strategic planning
- Chipset Suppliers: Product marketing, Strategic planning