DRAM is the semiconductor industry’s leading indicator—first to rise, first to fall. The key to understanding the volatile DRAM market direction is by analyzing and tracking DRAM supply and demand. The Market Tracker series accomplishes this by providing DRAM demand dynamics based on PC unit growth and DRAM content growth. In addition to providing analysis on significant trends and changes in the marketplace, the quarterly Market Tracker reports are accompanied by an Excel database containing detailed analysis and forecasts of the market by application markets, technology, density and wafer size. Also included are the total available market forecast by density and by technology and a revised ASP forecast, as well as estimates of cost and profitability by DRAM supplier.
Key Issues Addressed
- Will anything displace the PC as the main application driver?
- How can I avoid DRAM volatility?
- What factors will shape the development of networking solutions in the home, business and public?
- Is there any way suppliers can improve the industry's product mix issues?
- What procurement/supply strategies should vendors and buyers pursue?
- What are pricing trends by density?
- PC/consumer/networking manufacturers
- Cost evaluation: Memory suppliers/distributors
- Planning: Semiconductor equipment manufacturers
- Financial community
Director, Memory & Storage
Mike Howard is the director for DRAM including SDR, DDR, mobile DDR and graphics DDR. Prior to joining the company, Mike was in corporate development at Micron Technology where he worked on competitive intelligence, supply/demand modeling and mergers and acquisitions due diligence.