This market tracker addresses key opportunities, disruptive forces, technology battlegrounds, supply chain and market information for the various semiconductor magnetic sensors including Hall, GMR, AMR, and emerging technologies such as TMR and MEMS.
Key Issues Addressed
- Will MR compasses gain share against Hall compasses? How will tilt-compensated compasses fare vs. discrete compasses?
- What drives the shift to brushless DC motors? Which sensors benefit, how do sensor-less solutions impact market?
- Where is AMR making most inroads?
- What is significance of 3D Hall approaches?
- Will GMR fulfill its potential?
- Currents sensors are riding on a growing market for industrial motors and solar systems. Which sensors suit which applications, and what are the prospects for Hall and MR sensing?
- Component Manufacturers
- ODM: tier 1, 2 and 3 suppliers to auto industry
- Manufacturers of consumer, medical and industrial products: Procurement, R&D
- Foundries: Marketing
- Equipment for ASIC and semiconductor manufacturers, Packaging and Testing,
- Sales, marketing