An upsurge in demand for lithium ion batteries is expected in the near future, especially for the automotive application, with the advantages promised by these rechargeable sources of energy. Lightweight, environmentally friendly, with no memory effect and a slow loss of charge when not in use, lithium ion batteries nonetheless entail high costs...
Key Issues Addressed
- How can costs be reduced for lithium ion battery production?
- What factors will stimulate demand for lithium ion batteries?
- Which auto maker is most aggressive in the EV market?
- Which battery maker is most aggressive in the EV market?
- Which country is most aggressive in fueling EV demand?
- Executives, strategists, marketing, sales management, planners, supply chain, procurement
- Investor companies
- Battery makers, battery material makers, battery users
- Infrastructure firms for EV, smartgrid, power suppliers, governments
- Installers, distributors, developers, EV- related service providers
- Financial firms: funds, venture capital, private equity and commercial banks
- Annual forecast through 2015, and 2020
- Type (NAS, Lead-Acid, NiMH, LiB, others)
- Major battery manufacturers